
We moved into our house last week, and it has been fabulous! The boys were ecstatic to see all their toys again. Honestly, it was as good as Christmas morning. We woke up after spending the first night in our home to hear Daxton telling Josh "wake up Josh" then they both ran down stairs and were anxiously showing each other the toys they had found. So fun!
Daxton calls it "Momma's house." The first day he was here he kept walking around and saying "I like it. I like momma's house."
The cream of the crop is having a yard again, equipped with a swing set no less! We were out there having a great ol' time, laughing, climbing, swinging-and it was right outside our door! Oh, so wonderful.
The sunshine is like rays of happiness. I have seen more sunshine in the 2 months we've been back than the entire year I was in Belgium (I only wish I was being sarcastic!)
I currently molded myself into the "mormon mom club" and enrolled myself in the white minivan club. Yes, we bought a mini van. I know what you're thinking "Great idea Eggertz', lets buy a car when you have no income." I understand, but we have been checking KSL to see if anything looked promising and found a steal on this Mazda MPV. Turns out it was a steal because the woman NEVER cleaned it. There was food and goo smashed everywhere! I mean really, who feeds their kids go-gurt in the car? (if you feed your kids go-gurt in the car, I apologize if I offended, but really-you should stop that. It's kinda nasty.) But, with a little (okay a lot) of elbow grease, it no longer smells like garbage. Josh will finally ride in it without having to breathe with his hands covering his nose. We figure we can drive it for a couple months, and pocket some cash if we need to sell it to pay for groceries.
Take note of the two air fresheners hanging from the rear view. Sadly, it doesn't help much.On another note, I know that Utah has a lot of cynicism directed towards it. I myself am guilty of stereotyping Utah to be "this" or "that." I know a lot of people think that Utah's LDS members tend to be complacent with life, and because "everyone" is LDS, no one tries to be better, they just set life to "coast" and cruise through it. However, this is not what I have observed. Everywhere I go people are trying to be the best they can be. Our Sunday school teacher put it best when she said that we are all trying to "lift each other up. I'm up here, so let me help you to get here with me, while other's are still lifting me higher and higher." Does this make sense? I guess my point is that it doesn't get much better than Utah and I love this amazing state. I am so happy to be here!
JOSH
Daxton
Ella-Bella
Ella LOVES, I repeat, LOVES being outside. She is constantly chasing us around the house with shoes in hand, yelling "shoes" in hopes that we will take her outside. I can't wait until it gets warm enough to let my kids run around in diapers and be outside all day long. Oh no, I think I'm white trash. (you're thinking "took you long enough to figure that one out.")
Cam
Cam just finished his 40 page dissertation yesterday, so I am currently reading it (over my head) and checking for grammatical stuff. 'Bout all I am good for is seeing if it needs a comma, or not. Still no job, but we're getting closer with prospects. Keep fingers and toes crossed for us.
Me
Well, I need to read Cam's paper, so I better finish this up. I am very happy. I finally figured out how to do my hair (only took 28 years to tame the beast). I went and swam laps with my sister, Shera, yesterday. It was fantastic. Having not exercised in a year and a half, it felt quite nice to get my heart rate up. Combine that with no kids for 2 hours, it felt like I was vacationing or something. I think I might start training for the triathlon. I actually did better swimming than I thought I would, so I might be able to finish the triathlon without dying. Three cheers for toned buttocks-hip, hip, hooray!
7 comments:
Cute blog Cindy Lee, as always. Man thats a great birthday hat. Ok, so I'll see you at the gym right!
I am so glad you are enjoying every minute of Utah! I so took advantage of living there. I miss it a ton! I can't wait to go back! The only thing I don't miss is the snow. I hate it, but will gladly put up with it to live there again! Can't wait to see you again soon! Continue to enjoy your time! I do the same with my boys at nap time! It is the best thing in the world!
Your back!!! Hey we sure miss you guys. We are really excited for you to be home. This summer no more Nashville it's all about Vegas. Give us a call or visit our blog. LVU much, Carltons
I'm so jealous of your house! Minivans are awesome and don't let anyone tell you different. Good luck with the job and enjoy all those Mormons :o)
Cindy, your house looks great!!! I totally understand your excitement going back to that beauty.
I'm so happy to see that your sooooooo happy. I wouldn't trade Utah for Belgium, except maybe the people in our ward.
Ella is sooo big now, unbelievable.
We're still raying for Cameron.
Cute post, I think your family is darling. I love that you watch your little boy fall asleep every day. I lay down with my little boy while he falls asleep at night. They're only little once:)
You house looks great! We must have bought our van from the same lady! Ours is a Mazda MPV, too and has pink and blue stains on the carpet, everywhere! I still cannot figure out what they ate that made such a large pink & blue stain. I mean BRIGHT pink and blue. Oh well, I love to drive it. It feels like a car. Your kids are adorable, and good luck with the job hunt!
Post a Comment