It always takes a bit of self discipline to sit down and write these things. It's not that I would rather be elsewhere, it's just sometimes my creative juices just aren't flowing. Generally they tend to flow during that delusional time between awake/unconsciousness, which is why I am lying in bed with the lap top on my legs in hopes of some flowing of juices. So far, nada. Maybe I'll just write down my thoughts as I think them.Lately I've had lots of thoughts about homosapians. Why they act certain ways, how their kids turn out, can you really be that selfish? Do you not see those nose hairs curling out and around your nostrils? There are a lot of weirdos out there and generally if you are a weirdo, you have little weirdo offspring. That is why my children are doomed. Sorry kids, it's in your genes--when your mom dresses like this for Halloween, you know you are in trouble.

Does it somehow redeem my weirdness that I know I am weird? Or does that make it worse because I am acutely aware of my weirdisms but do nothing to alter them?
I just keep telling myself that it's a "good" kind of weird. A "you're a confident person" kind of weird. It's true that I enjoy being a kid more than my kids do, but that's not so bad. Is it?
Joshua Cameron Eggertz
My senior stud muffin. We went "bouldering" as a family on Saturday. Bouldering is climbing big rocks, without a harness. No, I'm not making that up. You find a big rock and you climb it. Anyways, he did great-my little monkey man, and as we were hiking out I was at the tail end of the group with Ella (little legs=little steps.) We were a few minutes from the car when I see Josh running back to join Ella and I. "I just thought I would wait for you guys," he says. He's such a sweet and thoughtful little guy. He is always doing little acts like this. His personal prayers especially personify how aware he is of others, and of being the best he can be. Great kid, but he's weird. (Again, not his fault.)

Daxton Lee EggertzDaxton has been practicing his "trick or treat" line all month long. He was So excited to do the real thing. Cam and I are the kind of parents who let their kids eat themselves sick once all the loot has been claimed. "Dump out your bag and go crazy!" That's my motto. Dax would open the wrapper of a sucker, take a lick, set it down, and go for another. We had suckers stuck everywhere! Suckers stuck to costumes, carpet, Dax even sat up and had one stuck to his rear-end. Such fun!


Ella Marie Eggertz
Ella loves babies. I didn't think her little voice could get any higher, but whenever she sees a baby it immediately hits another octave "ooooh, mamma a baby! Hello baby!" She loves it when we babysit cousin Kenny (even though he's gi-normous and truthfully grew out of his "baby" stage faster than you can say formaldehyde). She will stroke the baby's head, give him his bottle or binki, cover him with his blanky. It's really too cute. Guess what Ella is getting for Christmas?!! No, not a really baby you crazies, but a $20 doll from Sam's Club. It's cute too and comes sans the vomit, crying and poop.


Glen Cameron Eggertz
We dated 6 months before I found out his first name was Glen, and not Cameron. Cam's at my parent's house right now watching the Jazz game (they have cable). We are still in the stone age and have rabbit ears for our t.v.--one of which is shorter than the other and wrapped in tin foil. Classy.
Cam is doing great and is anxiously awaiting ski season. He is doing a couple local ski swaps to earn some flex moola. Every little bit helps. We are hoping he finds some good skis for Josh at the Park City Swap this weekend, so we can take both Josh AND Daxton skiing this year. It's going to be great!
Check out that beauty! (and the pumpkin's not bad either....har har har.)Cynthia Lee Thredgold Eggertz
Wow, that's a mouthful. I went from "Thredgold" to "Eggertz." I often call it a "double wammy" but truthfully I am glad I have always had a last name I have to spell. There is only one Cynthia Lee Eggertz out there, but imagine all the John Smiths (there were over 500 on facebook-and that was just in my network!) I was 'tagged' not too long ago to list 5 things that make me quirky. "Only five?" was my first thought.
1-I love beef jerky.
2-I often dream as if I am the narrator of my dream---so I am reading what is happening in my dream as I see it. The genre and writing style is dependent upon what book I am reading at the time.
3-To this day E.T. scares the crap out of me.
4-I like to have my head rubbed. It kinda puts me in a coma. A good coma. Please rub my head.
5-Large bodies of water frighten me.
I hosted my annual Thredgold Halloween Bash again this year. It was seasonally sensational, festively fun and ghoulishly gay! (whatever the heck that means, it's late and I'm tired.)
But Check out my cool family!

Check it, I found my pumpkin!
3 comments:
I must say, GLEN rocks! Seriously that is his first name and I never knew it. Poor poor Cam. He is so in trouble now. Next time I see you, I'll rub your head =)
Cindy, you are too crazy!! Was Cam Santa Claus? I loved your kids costumes especially Josh's He looks so dang cute in those glasses. I think he should get them for real. Or are they for real?
I HATE THE JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment