Las Vegas, Nevada

We've all been there. The "pre-parent" you. I'm sure you remember walking down the aisles of the grocery store, not a care in the world, enjoying the muzak that played in the background (maybe you were even singing along, "Is this burning, an eternal flame...") Heck, maybe your spouse even joined you for the shopping trip! (imagine that, someone to help you load your car AND carry the groceries in the house.) While standing in line at the checkout, you notice the woman in front of you: disheveled hair, shirt half tucked in, little to no makeup. She is frantically trying (and failing) to keep her children in the "car shopping cart" (whoever invented those should be dragged into the street and shot). Her tone begins rather pleasant, "Please get in the car.......stay in the car......put your seatbelts on........we're almost finished........get in the car........I said get in the car........are you listening to me?........I'm counting to three"......... and soon elevates into"For the love of humanity!!! Get in the damn cart!!" The kids (each with multiple stains on their shirts and kool-aid mustaches) just smile as the snot runs down their nose and continue to drive their mother up the wall as she leaves the store shouting behind her, "Fine, I'm leaving. You can just stay here. Goodbye!" The kids finally think she means business and quickly run to catch up.
You stand their, disgusted, and say to yourself, "I will never......."
Well, I've only been a parent for about 7 years, and I have learned to Never say "Never."
Here are a few of my "nevers":
My kids will never have swords:
(This is just the boys' room. There are six more swords in the basement, yes, that is 9 total. A bit excessive, no?)Their will be no guns in our house:

My yard will never be "white trash":

My kids will never be the "annoying neighborhood kids":
(I didn't want photographic evidence of my kids terrorizing the neighbor's yard.)
My kids will never have bad manners:
(Josh's newest one)

My kids will never fight:
(they will be best friends, right?)
My boys will never tromp around a muddy stench filled pond: (that's just disgusting)

The list goes on and on. Just stop while you're ahead and Never say Never.
Joshua

Joshua tied for 1st place at his class spelling bee yesterday. He may not be an aggressive soccer player, but my kid can outspell your kid. Joshua got his first nose bleed on Tuesday, at his baseball game. A line drive with the ball to his nose/mouth. Lots of blood, and a fat lip......but he played the rest of his game! (great job, buddy!)

J0shy-boy is very excited for summer. We are all looking forward to doing some fun things in the next few months (now I just need to start planning what those fun things are....)
And finally, a Josh quote of the month:
Cam called Ella a "little fart" when she locked him out of the car (real mature, I know) to which Josh replied;
"Dad, you can't call someone a "fart", you use it like 'I farted in the cafeteria'."
Daxton

Fantastic news everyone, Dax is 100% potty trained! Actually, he's still wearing diapers to bed as a precaution. The secret: ring pops. Head to Sam's and get yourself a box of 40.
Daxton learned all the words to the primary song "Baptism" (Jesus came, to John, the Baptist...) When he sings that song and looks at you with those big brown eyes.....completely heart warming!

Daxton quote of the month:
In sacrament meeting, a boy was being confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ and receiving the "Holy Ghost." Dax heard the portion of the prayer "And say unto you, receive the Holy Ghost," and suddenly his eyes light up.
"Dad is the Holy Ghost in here?"
"Yes he is, Dax."
"Oh no, I see him over there! He's coming through the walls!"
(yes, next FHE is on the Holy Ghost.)
Ella
Fantastic news everyone, Ella is 100% potty trained! (De ja vu) It took a day to potty train her. Seriously. If all things could be that easy... That means we can now save about $70 a month (no more diapers!!)
Swimming in Las Vegas

Ella's new best friend is Ally (an 11 year old girl who lives 2 houses down.) Any time Ella sees her, she has to quickly run over and play, "Bye mom, I need to see my good friend Ally."
Ella quote of the month:
I see her down, sitting on the computer chair just typing away on the keyboard.
"Ella, what are you doing?"
"I'm a checkin my emails!"
All cozy in bed at the Marriot
We went to Vegas with the Eggertz' to cheer Aunth Ally on in her triathlon. Go ALLY!

Cameron
He's caucasian, in case you can't tell from the picture.


Cam finished his marathon and totally kicked butt. Yes, he still is suffering from a very painful shin splint, but he finished in amazing time! I was so proud of him. Truly, this boy can do ANYTHING he puts his mind to.
The kids cheering on dad:


Can you say "skis?" How exciting is that?! The skis arrived and it is go time!

Cindy

I have the ambition bug. I've been working like a mad man (or a mad 29 year old female with ADD) to get things done around this house. One of the projects was re-finishing our deck. It looks much better now.
I am very excited for summer. I LOVE being able to spend so much time with my kids, even if they are those same kids you find running around the grocery store with the kool-aid mustache.
See ya' next month!
4 comments:
Wow Cindy, you truly are amazing! I really do want to be like you someday.....I can't believe Ella is potty trained, and in 1 day!?! Brayden has been working on it for 6 months now. Someday, Someday!
Cindy,
I haven't read your blog forever, which is ridiculous because you always make me laugh so hard. I will be checking in more frequently now :). Tell Cam congrats on the marathon. That's awesome! I want to run one next year . . . we'll see. Also, no luck on the Mary Ann. Mine's a Cox.
Cindy!
You write the best blogs ever! Seriously, consider it among your talents because as I sit here in the library trying to study for finals, I find myself laughing my head off at your "witty diction." You are hilarious. (Sorry to all those in the library around me.)
There was only one problem with this last post. I don't thing you are ADD. It'd describe it more as OCD. :) Your deck is beautiful however.
Love you,
Kelli
I love it Cin, You have a blogger gift. Your entries are going to make one fantastic journal!
Post a Comment