Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Dissipating Manners

Happy Halloween! 2009 Halloween Shin-Dig
World series 2009: Phillies and Yankees. Now I am not one to paint my face red, nor do I own any Philadelphia attire, but I was rooting for them nonetheless. Classic case of cheering on the underdogs; plus New Yorkers may need some humbling anyways as they walk down 5th Avenue with their fancy scarves and hot lattes.

It's true I'm not really a big baseball fan, but with all the refuse on t.v. today (i.e. "reality relationships" and off-colored humor); watching sports is a pretty safe bet. However, my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I wonder exactly how the "bad manner" license is afforded to these major-leaguers. If I were being interviewed on Opera, and the under wire in my bra was reeking havoc on rightie, there is no way, despite how much pain I was in, that I would reach down my shirt to adjust myself. Yet here are these ball players, on home plate, being viewed by millions of people, and they insist on dancing the bad manner cha cha: grab, spit, cha cha cha; spit, grab, cha cha cha.

Now I have an imagination and can understand that perhaps wearing a cup is not the most comfortable thing in the world, but really, do you have to adjust it that often? Suck it up boys, you can survive a mere 5 minutes on base while lefty is being pinched.



Joshua








Speaking of curiosity, this boy is just too darn quick. Last night he asked me:
"Mom, how could Mary have a baby when Joseph wasn't his father? If God is Jesus' dad, then how did Mary have his baby?"

And last week:

"Mom, how did that couple have a baby if their not married?"

And let's not forget:
"Mom, how do you know this is your last baby?"

Hmmmmm. Looks like the inevitable has happened a lot sooner than I had anticipated. My word, the boy is only 7! Any suggestions people, as to how best approach the birds and the bees with your second grader?! I don't imagine there are children's picture books on the topic....


Daxton



The little tyke is a two-wheeler riding maniac. It's all he wants to do all day. He's even taken to "jumps." It's rather fun to watch, as he zooms out the garage, turns sharply onto the sidewalk, goes off the make-shift jump I built, then cuts across the lawn; only to repeat the process again and again.
Ella



Her newest expressions:
"Oh my goodness!" and "Oopsy doodle."

The sweetness has stayed, and I believe we have abated the red hair sass, at least for a month or two (wow, can you imagine this girl as a red-headed teenager?!)
Ella is SO excited for her little sister to arrive.
"Mom, the baby will come out in 30 minutes and I can hold her and push her in the swing."
Cameron
It's 4 a.m right now, and I am having trouble sleeping. Cam and I were up together a couple hours ago, because Ella was coughing pretty bad. Things settled down, and we were both trying to get back to sleep. I was pretty shocked at how much pain I could be in when I am simply lying in bed. I whispered to Cam, "This could be a long 4 months," to which he replied, "I'm sorry." And he put his arm around me. Sometimes that's all it takes. He could have lectured me on how I am so much better off physically than other women (which I know) or how lucky I am that the baby is growing healthy inside of me (know that too) but instead he chose to sympathize along with me. Either that, or saying two words instead of a mouthful was easier; and he just wanted to go back to sleep. Regardless of the reason, I adore this boy and most days he always seems to give me exactly what I need.
Cindy

I'm sorry....you're not familiar with the part in Red Riding hood where the evil skeleton comes and snatches away her basket? Best check your library for a newer edition.

I took a quick unscheduled trip to the doctor yesterday. Basically my symptoms included a whole lot of pressure down south, cramping, contractions, and of course pain. Turns out my bladder and cervix are falling out. Doesn't that sound lovely? The recommendation included the continue use of my support belt (gut lifter) and to take it easy. I can handle that. I was pretty worried for a while that pre-term labor was in my future, but the doc assured me that my cervix is closed up tight and things look good. Only 3 1/2 more months to go. As long as this baby girl continues to grow inside of me, I can figure out what to do with my bladder once it falls out alongside the placenta.

3 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Cindy, you are too cute. I love checking up on your cute little family. Aaron and Cam talk quite often but their conversations are never that exciting. We need to hook up again soon.

Cline Family said...

Love it!!!

The Maxfield's said...

Oh boy...I feel your pain on the whole parts falling out situation!