I kept getting those looks from people I passed, like their stares were saying, "What are you doing here?" and "Seriously, a pink collared shirt?" The looks got worse when I was aimlessly wandering around, searching for my lost child (Daxton, we were in the game store the whole time!) But the cherry on top was my stop in Victoria's Secret. I generally feel uncomfortable in there anyways, what with my small bust and all, but their lotion was on sale and I had a coupon for free undies. A cute brunette with cleavage approached me and asked, "While you're here, would you like me to measure you so you can get $10 off a bra?" to which I replied, "Not unless you sell nursing bras." She looked at me like, "Are you kidding me? That's disgusting," and just walked away. Well, at least I discovered Victoria's Secret: DD silicone.
Here are some photos for our trip to Salt Lake City to see Grandpa at work:
Josh crossing the slack line. Kelly and Cam set this up in camp-it was fun to try out. It requires mucho core strength and balance.
Me hiking with the baby:
All ready for bed.
Joshua
My eldest turned 8 this month. For his birthday he wanted to go see a movie with his two good friends, Maddy and Tate. We all went and saw "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." It's a winner......(sarcasm) but Josh and his friends enjoyed it, and that's what counts. Wendy Maxfield made his cake. We asked her to make one to coincide with the theme of the movie:
div>
Is she amazing or what?! Seriously people, you need a cake? Give this chica a call. Here's her website again:http://www.acakegirl.blogspot.com/
8 years old also means that my blonde beauty was baptized. It was a great day, and words can't describe the joy I felt seeing my child take the first step in his progression towards returning to live with his Father in Heaven.
Cam first tried to talk Josh into going commando, instead of wearing wet undies; but then when mom forgot to pack a belt as well he quickly decided that was not the best of ideas (can you imagine if his pants fell down? I would never live that one down....) So, wet undies it was and Cam jimmy-rigged the pant situation by tying a piece of plastic around a couple belt loops. Basically it means that the thing Josh will remember on his baptism day is soggy underwear.
Daxton
We call it his "funny face." There's no way to describe it, you have to see it first hand. He pulls it out all the time too. He will be across the room and call my name, "Hey Mom," and I look over and there is that face. His eyes are almost closed and his lips are pursed together....it is rib cracking hillarious every single time. I'm pretty sure Josh laughs the hardest. He gets such a kick out of his little brother.
The Look:
Dax is looking forward to starting preschool in a couple weeks. We picked out his back pack today and sat on our bench at home where he needed me to pretend "drive him to school." After school I was the cool mom and let him drive us home. He's pretty good.
Ella
Grandma Holly and the kids:
It may seem odd because most days I don't even do my own hair, but one of the favorite parts of my day is doing Ella's hair in the morning. I'm not even that creative, mostly just pull it to the side. But I love asking her how she wants it, then getting it done and seeing her smile afterward.
I put the kids in swim lessons at the Clearfield Aquatic center this past month. When we began, Ella would barely put her face in the water. Now she is a fish, swimming, kicking her legs and doing her "rainbow arms." And though her hair has a tinge of green now, it was well worth it.
Amelie
Rolling, giggling, and chewing on everything in site. I figure I have about 3 weeks to get my house in order before this little munchkin gets into anything and everything.
Her hair is beginning to grow back in-blonde it seems. She loves to kick those chubby legs of hers, and has even developed quite a skill. Whenever I feed her, she uses her toes to grab onto things; like Cam's arm hair. He will be sitting next to me and she will wrap her little toes around those hairs and pull! It was quite humorous, but now Cam won't sit by me anymore.
I can see that her two top teeth are getting ready to come through. I love this age! I love looking down and smiling at her, then she recognizes me, smiles back and puts her slobber-covered little hands on my face.
Cameron
Cam and I at Ben Folds:
We went to Maple Canyon in the month of July and camped. It was a great time. I LOVE our little trailer (thanks Chamberlains!) It is so much fun to see how excited our kids get when Dad unfolds the trailer and sets it all up. They get so hyped up about it they actually ask to go to bed (when it's 6 pm).
Everyone had a great time (including me). Maple Canyon is about 20 minutes East of Nephi and is known for all the amazing rock climbs. The rock was like nothing I had ever seen before: river rock imbedded in sand stone. Makes for great climbing! We met up with our good friends, the Chamberlains: Kelly, Brenda, Logan, Reed and Jacob. Todd came as well, and Ella was his shadow the ENTIRE trip. We would ask, "Ella, who's your new friend?" "Todd." He has a Westy (a van/camper) and Ella would follow him there, he would give her a cup of little marshmallow's and she would talk his ear off.
Cam's climbing skills are great. He keeps getting better and better and it's fun to watch him in action.
Cam with Amelie and Grandma Page up at the Page Cabin!
Cindy
I was able to go to two concerts this past month: Paul McCartney and Ben Folds. McCartney blew Ben out of the water. He was AMAZING! I went with my mom, dad and sister Kelli. My mom was a HUGE Beatle fan in her day, and Paul was always her favorite. It was her lifelong dream to see him in concert, so you can imagine her expression when he comes out on stage and begins to sing..."Close your eyes, and I'll kiss you....." Tears began streaming down her face, then my dad sees her and tears up, then of course Kelli and I follow suit (don't judge, it's in our blood.) The concert was amazing. He even did fireworks during "Live and let Die." 68 years old and he still has girls of all ages screamin' his name.
The baby and I at Ben Folds in Deer Valley:
The baby and I at Ben Folds in Deer Valley:
School starts in just a couple weeks, and though the summer has been awesome, it will be nice for Josh to have a schedule again (the boy thrives on that kind of thing.) We are trying to fit another camping trip somewhere in there, as well as a visit to Grandpa Page's cabin.
Has anyone seen my missing H key? Ella pulled it off the laptop and we can't find it anywhere......
Until next time!
4 comments:
I'm only just a little hurt that you didn't include me in the list of friends Josh invited to his birthday party. :)
That cake was AMAZING!!! You are so good that you don't let a baby slow you down. Yep, I think you get the mother of the year award.
Wow, what great times! Maple Canyon is a good one, Samuel really likes it too :) You guys all look great and I can't believe you have an 8 year old either! (eek!)All the kids are darling. I would've loved to have been with you to see the look on the V.S. worker's face...priceless.
Post a Comment