Mystic Seductress
Sexy Scallywag
Sassy Baroness
Devils Delight
Medical Mary Jane
Officer Sheila
Cutie Salute
and my all time fave,
Babe-A-Lonian Warrior
If your into the super-hero look, they also have "Sexy Robin" and "Sassy Iron Man."
It seems that gone are the days when girls could go out as some of my favorite past time Halloween costumes:
Lumberjack
Rocker
Princess
Or some of my friend Wendy's great costumes. One year she was a warming blanket, another, tinfoil.
In my book, Halloween involves dressing up and having fun. Paint your face green and carve a jack-a-lantern or two. You know, trick or treating? Sigh. It shouldn't involve having one day a year where women who don't normally "walk the streets" appear as though they should.
We visited the local fishery in North Ogden this past month and took the kids fishing. The place was great and each kid caught 2 fish (though they could have caught hundreds, but mom and dad only have so much money in our pockets.) The place even guts them for you (so Josh didn't have to partake in that traumatic event again), and afterward we had fish for dinner. You can see all the trout in the pic below:



Joshua
"Mom, being bullied feels like eating rotten cheese."
Joshua earned his "Bobcat" this month in scouting. It's been fun to open up his book and work on things together. The scouting program is a great thing. I love that it teaches about all areas of life, from hygiene to fitness to taking pride in you country.
It's Autumn time which means Soccer season! Josh is a lucky boy because (after much pleading on my behalf) Cam agreed to coach Josh's team. After 5 games they are still undefeated, and Josh has score 2 goals (after scoring he jumped up high with both arms raised, like he was the champion of the world. It was great.)
Action shots on the field.
Their team name is "Orange Flames."


Josh at Pack Meeting, "Rain-gutter-ragada!"
He decorated his sail to look like the American flag. Josh's good friend, Tate, is behind him.
I need to teach that boy to turn his peace sign around so he doesn't look like he's giving us the bird.

Daxton
"Mom, where's your CTR ring?"
"In my jewlery box."
"Well you need to go get it so you can choose the right."
and in the car the other day,
"Mom, when we get home can we play this song in there so I can show you my moves?"
and finally
"Dax, do you like your primary teacher?"
"No. I just like toys."
Guess who turned 5 this month? This year Dax wanted a "football" party. He had his first friend birtday party this year as well. We made some jerseys, played some football relay games, and frosted cup cakes. It was a good time.
All the friends eating cup cakes and having a drink. We made red and blue jerseys for the kids.
Daxton's football jersey. #5, of course.


"Mom, being bullied feels like eating rotten cheese."
Joshua earned his "Bobcat" this month in scouting. It's been fun to open up his book and work on things together. The scouting program is a great thing. I love that it teaches about all areas of life, from hygiene to fitness to taking pride in you country.
It's Autumn time which means Soccer season! Josh is a lucky boy because (after much pleading on my behalf) Cam agreed to coach Josh's team. After 5 games they are still undefeated, and Josh has score 2 goals (after scoring he jumped up high with both arms raised, like he was the champion of the world. It was great.)
Action shots on the field.
Josh at Pack Meeting, "Rain-gutter-ragada!"
Daxton
"Mom, where's your CTR ring?"
"In my jewlery box."
"Well you need to go get it so you can choose the right."
and in the car the other day,
"Mom, when we get home can we play this song in there so I can show you my moves?"
and finally
"Dax, do you like your primary teacher?"
"No. I just like toys."
Guess who turned 5 this month? This year Dax wanted a "football" party. He had his first friend birtday party this year as well. We made some jerseys, played some football relay games, and frosted cup cakes. It was a good time.
All the friends eating cup cakes and having a drink. We made red and blue jerseys for the kids.
Football cake for his party.
Trying out his new skis, boots and gloves; anticipating the snowfall!

Aunt Lisa sent an Iron Man costume in the mail. Personally I think he makes a great Iron Man.

First day of Preschool.

We gave Dax some skis and he can't wait for the snow to fall so he can try them out. This year should be a fun one as now we have enough skis for Ella to join in the fun!
Ella hanging out with me and Amelie while the boys were riding the alpine slide.
Ella and Molly, dance buddies.
Ella showing me her moves.

First day of dance.

Amelie
At seven months, this baby continues to grow at light speed. She is currently my little G.I. Jane, army crawling all over the house. I give her two more days before she full on crawls because as I type she is pushing up on her knees, rocking back and forth.
Matching jammies.

Sitting up.



Coach Eggertz.

Helping the kids fish.



First day of Preschool.
We gave Dax some skis and he can't wait for the snow to fall so he can try them out. This year should be a fun one as now we have enough skis for Ella to join in the fun!
Daxton also started preschool this month with Mrs. Cyr. He LOVES it and makes sure he has his monthly preschool calendar hanging in the kitchen so he can review what is planned for each Tuesday and Thursday.
Ella
Ella was doing her fake cry while I was washing her hands the other day,
"Ella, why are you whining?"
She immediately stops her cry, looks at herself in the mirror and while flipping her hair says,
"Because I'm an actress."
Ella can play with just about anything. I find her on multiple occasions playing with the toothbrushes, hair elastics, candles, even the can opener. She will give them each a voice. Generally there is always a mother and a daughter and thankfully the mother always says nice things like, "Hon, how was your day?" Or, "Did you sleep good last night?" The other day the daughter elastic said to the mother elastic,
"Why are you clear up there?"
"Because I am your mudder and I love you."
Ella
Ella was doing her fake cry while I was washing her hands the other day,
"Ella, why are you whining?"
She immediately stops her cry, looks at herself in the mirror and while flipping her hair says,
"Because I'm an actress."
Ella can play with just about anything. I find her on multiple occasions playing with the toothbrushes, hair elastics, candles, even the can opener. She will give them each a voice. Generally there is always a mother and a daughter and thankfully the mother always says nice things like, "Hon, how was your day?" Or, "Did you sleep good last night?" The other day the daughter elastic said to the mother elastic,
"Why are you clear up there?"
"Because I am your mudder and I love you."
Ella started dance this month with her good friend Molly (Molly is the daughter of a best friend I grew up with and we took dance together as well. How fun!) Ella is really enjoying it and is twirling around the house as we speak.
Ella hanging out with me and Amelie while the boys were riding the alpine slide.
Amelie
At seven months, this baby continues to grow at light speed. She is currently my little G.I. Jane, army crawling all over the house. I give her two more days before she full on crawls because as I type she is pushing up on her knees, rocking back and forth.
She seems to be passing little "milestones" at such a rapid rate. She rolls over one day, then is rolling all over the house the next. She started scooting, and will soon be crawling everywhere. I even caught her pushing up onto her feet the other day. I have a gut feeling that she will be my earliest walker.
Cuddling in mom's bed.
Sitting up.
She is such a smiley baby and brings sunshine and happiness wherever she goes.
Cameron
Cam climbs early morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Momentum in Sandy. He has started a new climbing regiment that has left his limbs so tired at times that it's hard to open up a carton of milk. Needless to say, his veins are popping out of his arms (oww oww!)
This month has been yet another reminder at how thankful I am to be married to this boy. We are different in just about every way possible, which is what makes us so perfect together. I feel so blessed to have a boy who loves these 4 kids as much as I do and who works hard so I can continue to stay at home and raise them. I love that he teaches our boys how to be boys--skiing, climbing, biking, rock climbing, basketball, soccer......he does it all!
We were both a little weary to have him Coach Josh's soccer team this year (he yells). But many different parents have told me what a great job he is doing, and it's evident because all the boys on his team have improved so much with the 5 games they have played. Great job hon! What about coaching basketball this winter?
Helping the kids fish.
Cindy
The bubble is on the pool now, so no more sunrises. I was feeling kinda guilty for taking away Cam's basketball (since he used to play Monday, Wednesday and Friday before I started swimming,) so I gave him Wednesdays back. The other day I grabbed something and was touching the arm doing the grabbing and guess what?! I have a muscle again! It's nice to start toning up again.
Dressing up for the football party.
We went to the Alpine Slides this past month to check out the fall leaves and have a fun ride. It was great, and the kids had a blast. Cam and Dax paired up (you could hear Daxton yelling weee's and whooppees about half way down the mountain.) Josh rode solo (notice the trail of 3). He didn't weigh enough to get his sled going fast enough. And Ella and I rode together, "Mom this is so much fun!" I love living in Utah and being able to drive up into the mountains and see God's beauty all around.
Halloween is soon approaching and I am in my element! Eeeeee heeee heee heee heee!
3 comments:
Well Cindy darling, looks like you didn't need a cake after all. Your's is awesome! I might call you some day if I need help decorating!
I don't see why you have a problem with my Cadet Cutie costume. You know I like to show a little skin now and again!
You're such a great mom and blogger Cindy! I love to read about all of your adventures, you guys are awesome. Oreos are my downfall too, I can't even go down the cookie isle or something ends up in my cart. I really did "lol" at your pictures, so funny.
I probably won't tell Samuel that Cam. gets to go climbing so often, he'll be quite perplexed as to why he can't do the same...
You are such a gorgeous and fun mom. Keep up the great work! You inspire me and encourage me and make me laugh inside when things like the OREO comes up.
Post a Comment