Let's pause for a moment, shall we, and ponder some of our most memorable Christmas times past.
I remember the Christmas I received my cabbage patch kid. Truth be told, I was saddened that it was a boy doll, and not a girl. But it was a cabbage patch doll and he smelled like baby powder! Though I have forgotten his name, I distinctly remember his blue corduroy overalls and brown, curly hair.
Another Christmas I gingerly walked down the stairs and saw that Santa had come and left gifts for us by the fireplace. Mine was the smallest of the 4, and I was a bit miffed until I opened the small parcel and discovered a hand written note to me, from Santa himself! He instructed me to walk to the basement, and my gift was awaiting me there. Creeping down the steps, I turned the corner to find the prettiest purple Huffy I had ever before seen, complete with pink tires (that, might I add, left pink skid marks on the sidewalk.)
And now the Chrismtas of 2010. By far, one of the greatest days of my life. The excitement of the kids, the spirit and joy in the air, and being able to spend one entire day playing in pajamas! Does it get much better than that? (I call it lazy joy) Christmas morning lasted a whopping 2 1/2 hours, and not because we had oodles to open. We took our time. Opened our stockings, then each child openend Santa's gift. We put those together, or set them up, and they played with them while I made some German pancakes. We sat around the table and ate, smiled and laughed. Then opened a few more gifts, put those together, set them up, and played with them. It was so wonderful to have an entire day to do nothing aside from playing with my kids and enjoying my little family! I remember looking at the clock, and realizing that it was only 3:30. We still had hours of fun ahead of us! What a great day. I hope yours was equally as wonderful!
Here we are on our way to Ogden. I love this photo. This is what I see through my rear view mirror each time I drive.
And now, Ogden's Christmas Village. Would you like to meet the most pathetic Santa on the planet? Well, there he is. No jolliness or ho ho ho-iness about him. Just a "What do you want?" followed by their response, and his reply, "okay" and then hands them a candy cane. Shoot, give me a beard and suit and I could do a better job than this guy.
His beard's not even white.
He needs to put on a little Santa weight.
Wow, doesn't he look jolly?
Okay, perhaps I am being too harsh. At least they got the suit right.
Sipping hot cocoa. Doesn't this shot look Tim-Burton-ish?
Looking in the display windows.





Cam surprised the kids with a new snowmobile. Here we all are snowmobiling and sledding at Shera's new home in Mt. Green.
Sledding up at the Page Cabin in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Collin's friend, Erica, is from Brazil and it was her first sledding experience! Tons of fun!
Pulling the kids along behind the snowmobile.
Kenny and Ella sledding down the "home-made" sled (laundry basket on skis.)

Joshua
Josh's reflections song won the next level up in the district and he was thrilled to discover that he would receive yet another trophy. Great work!

Josh playing "Carol of the Bells" at Nana's house.

Singing in the school choir at the Festival of Trees

Joshua's Christmas highlight was being able to talk to his Uncle Cam on the phone. Cam, aka Elder Thredgold is currently serving in the Lisbon, Portugal mission. I was the first to talk to Cam, but had to cut it short as the kids looked at me with pleading eyes, waiting patiently (and eagerly) for their turn to talk. As soon as Josh said, "Hi Uncle Cam," he began tearing up and ran to the other room, with phone in hand, so we wouldn't see him crying. He really loves and misses his uncle.
Daxton
He calls it his "Yeti" hat. Perhaps because it looks abominable?

Like father, like son.

Ever since the snow started falling this boy has been patiently wearing his ski boots, awaiting an excursion to the mountain tops. Cam was able to take the boys skiing at their favorite spot, Wolf Mountain, and Dax was loving every second of it. He is edgy-wedgy free, and skis with poles now too! I'm thinking that in a few years, Cam might have some stiff competition.
Ella
Ella and her cousin Jack-a-moe

Temple Square Lights.
Apparently Santa thought Ella had been good enough to get her what she requested, a video entitled "Angelina Ballerina," about a mouse-ballerina who attends a dancing school called Camembert Academy (yes, like the cheese.) If only I would have known a little about this video beforehand, I may have politely asked Santa to reconsider. For now Ella's every movement must be graceful, as she floats and leaps around the house. "Mom, can you please turn on some classical music so I can dance ballet?" She keeps asking me to teach her ballet, but aside from a few positions and pirouettes, I'm clueless. I definitely see dance in this girl's future.
Amelie
Wow, this girl brings us so much joy! Even though she is into EVERYTHING, I still can't seem to get enough of her. The contents of my cupboards are constantly strewn all over the place, but the thought of baby-proofing the entire house seems a bit too much for me. We'll just keep the doors closed, watch her closely, cross our fingers and hope for the best (great parenting, no?)
Josh's reflections song won the next level up in the district and he was thrilled to discover that he would receive yet another trophy. Great work!
Josh playing "Carol of the Bells" at Nana's house.
Singing in the school choir at the Festival of Trees
Joshua's Christmas highlight was being able to talk to his Uncle Cam on the phone. Cam, aka Elder Thredgold is currently serving in the Lisbon, Portugal mission. I was the first to talk to Cam, but had to cut it short as the kids looked at me with pleading eyes, waiting patiently (and eagerly) for their turn to talk. As soon as Josh said, "Hi Uncle Cam," he began tearing up and ran to the other room, with phone in hand, so we wouldn't see him crying. He really loves and misses his uncle.
Daxton
He calls it his "Yeti" hat. Perhaps because it looks abominable?
Like father, like son.
Ever since the snow started falling this boy has been patiently wearing his ski boots, awaiting an excursion to the mountain tops. Cam was able to take the boys skiing at their favorite spot, Wolf Mountain, and Dax was loving every second of it. He is edgy-wedgy free, and skis with poles now too! I'm thinking that in a few years, Cam might have some stiff competition.
Ella
Amelie
For example, Amelie found some blue chalk....
Our bundle of blue:


Baby's first Christmas!
In addition to her bottom two, her top four teeth have emerged. Little fingers, beware. (also beware shoulders, arms, and anywhere else that she finds the need to sink her teeth into.)
Cameron
Things continue to change at work. Cam was able to receive accounts from a co-worker who left to work for a competitor. So now Cam has several accounts in Montana that will keep him busy with travel again. He will be gone 4 days next week, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Or does absence make the heart resentful? I can't remember.....
Truthfully we are both very grateful for the new opportunities he has been given at work. What a blessing it is to be employed!
Baby's first Christmas!
Cameron
Truthfully we are both very grateful for the new opportunities he has been given at work. What a blessing it is to be employed!
Some more pics at Temple Square.

Cam was able to ski a few times in December, back country and up at Park City. Still a big ZAG fan.

Cindy

My heart is full and my cup runneth over. Ever since returning from our little out-of-the-country excursion, there hasn't a day gone by that I don't hug my kids and thank God for them. Being a mom is truly the greatest thing in the world. And yes, my kids are screaming right now and one of them is crying, but yes, it's still the greatest
Cam was able to ski a few times in December, back country and up at Park City. Still a big ZAG fan.
Cindy
3 comments:
Hey Cind...the coat looks great! And can I just say I'm a little jealous that you still fit in your prom dress? I can't even get my wedding dress to zip up anymore.
I have memories of just hangin out all Christmas Day with the fam in my jammies-good times. That Santa really didn't look merry. You should try the Santa at the Burger Stop in Layton. That's where we go and he is nice and a little more authentic. The sledding looked so fun. Molly loved Ella's party. Love the blue chalk. Cute kids!
I love your posts they are so sweet and funny. That jolly old santa clause gave me a good chuckle!
Post a Comment