I am a plain jane. In fact, once my neighbor stopped by when I had not yet readied for the day and said, "Well, at least you clean up well." (we both had a laugh) But that's allright, because God sent me here in 1980 where makeup, orthodontic braces, and oral implants are readily available. Born 200 years ago and I would look much like this:
Except that I would have 5 missing teeth because for some reason I never had permanent ones to replace the babies. I would be "Miss Thredgold," the lonely school teacher who never smiles because when she does it's a terrible, frightening sight that startles small children. Not only did I have 5 missing permanent teeth, but my two front teeth were crooked and overlapping one another, and of course, let's not forget the overbite....
So thank you God for not making me cross the plains on my own with my crooked body. Thank you Dr. Maxwell for drilling 5 teeth into my jaw bone that will last through the eternities. Thank you Clark B. Rampton, DDS for fixing my crooked teeth and my overbite with all varieties of metal and rubberbands. Thank you mom and dad for forking out the big bucks, forgoing a new car, to make me visually acceptable to society. And thank you MAC makeup counter for hiding my age spots and making my lips shine with glossy brilliance.
Joshua
Josh finished up the fall soccer season. He still LOVES being goalie. He always does one half as goalie, and the other as forward. He's pretty good too. If a ball were flying at my face, I would duck. But this boy lunges, dives, and does all he can to keep that ball from crossing the line. It's so fun to watch! (and a little nerve racking too....so much pressure!)
Daxton
Daxton also finished up his Fall soccer season. Dax LOVES the sport as well, and it is a hoot to see all these little kindergarten boys chase the ball in one giant clump. Dax scored 4 or 5 goals this season. So fun!
Dax also had a big month in September, as he turned 6 years old! He made a poster for school, and wanted to make sure that we included all the things he can do, featuring tricks on his bike, a front flip on the tramp and funny faces he can pull.
Though it's sideways, we had to cut out this picture of a chicken because that is his favorite food. He likes eating it straight off the bird.
Dax wanted to go to the zoo for his birthday, so I attempted to make him a "zoo" cake. A big thank you to the "dollar" store.
Lucky boy has two sets of AMAZING grandparents!
Ella
It's all about paint, crayons, colored pencils and scissors for this girl. She is an artist and loves anything she can cut, paste, or color upon (which unfortunately often includes the walls and tile....) Ella averages at least 3 pictures a day. I've run out of places to hang them all.....
Next post will include some of her artwork. She'll like that.
Riding the mary-go-round at the zoo. Ella picked the lion.
Hiking up Little Cotton Wood canyon. Doesn't her hair match the season perfectly?
Amelie
I can't get enough of this girl. Her latest and greatest is grabbing my cheeks, pulling her little face up to mine and giving me a great big kiss on the lips. Love it. She continues to be a thrill seeker and gets her kicks by diving head first off couches and beds, and flipping onto her back. "Wooaah!" It's rather nerve racking to watch. She lives for the adrenaline rush, when you do something rather dangerous and get a thrill from it. Scary, I know. The teenage years for my girls are going to be rough. Please call me in 10 years, to check up on me, or visit me in the asylum.
Cameron
Cameron hates getting his picture taken, can you tell? One day he'll realize that it's just better to smile and get it over with. Your handsome Cam. Get over it.
Pictured above are the Eggertz clan w/cousin Brady. We all went for a little hike combined with some tree tippin fun. Yes, it's self explanatory. You push on a dead tree until it tips over. Make fun all you want, but it's a lot of fun. We had a good time. Daxton came up to Brady with a handful of deer poop, wondering what these little brown pellets were. Brady told him they were vitamins. Luckily no consumption of vitamins took place, and we ended up telling Dax to throw his "vitamins" at Brady.
Cindy
No worries people, I don't have self esteem problems. I have anxiety problems. I've been clenching and grinding my teeth so bad at night that my neck and shoulders are in knots. I figure it's going to be this way for a while as I'm guessing it's the home selling/buying situation that is causing my stress and anxiety. It's horrible. Sleep is supposed to be the time when you relax and let your body take a break. But I seem to toss and turn, and whack my husband in the face while I fitfully doze. I'm going to get a mouth guard made so I can be one of those cool moms who puts a mouth guard in at night.
Sexy.
Cam, restrain yourself.
I love the autumn. I love the renewed energy it seems to bring with the cooler temperatures and bright mountainside. Hope you enjoy your autumn energy as well!



3 comments:
Cindy -
I'm not just saying this. That first picture of you is beautiful. I don't care how "Plain Jane" you think you are. You are gorgeous. I've always thought so.
And as for the anxiety: try some lavender at night :) It can do wonders.
Love you!
I totally agree with Kelli! You are simply gorgeous!!!! I also agree with the lavender. I need to meet up with Kelli.
I know I've told you this, but you have always been my beauty/fashion envy. Always. You are gorgeous and brave and truthful. Love you Cind!
Post a Comment