This is my grandma, pictured above in her Senior Prom formal. She was a beauty queen (seriously, she was crowned for "Miss Peach Days" in Willard.) Not only was she a pretty face, but she had quite the figure too. My sisters and I tried on a few of her dresses from years past. We were shocked at her teeny, tiny waste, great hips and a set of ginormous honkers. But I'm not here to talk about grandma's hour glass figure.
Donna Jean Taylor Thredgold passed away this past month. Truth be told, I didn't know my grandma very well. We would visit her a few times during the year when I was young, but she never really talked to us kids, just my dad. At her funeral I learned more about her past then I ever knew when she was alive. It's a bum deal. Grandma had just moved to Kaysville about a month before she had the stroke that led to her death. When she moved to Kaysville, I was kind of excited to get to know her. I planned on stopping by and visiting during the short hour I had with only the baby Amelie. However, during the 5 days that she was home from the hospital, dying, I felt like I was finally able to show her some love. Brushing her hair, rubbing her hands and feet, helping her change into a nice blouse. I guess the point of me telling this is that you never know what life has in store for us, or when, for that matter. I learned that I need to take better opportunities to show love and appreciation to all those around me, and not just save it for tomorrow. So perhaps this Holiday season we can take the time to tell someone near and dear to us that we love and care about them.
On a more upbeat note, we were able to spend Thanksgiving in beautiful Duck Creek Canyon, renting a cabin with our good friends, the Smiths! It was a good (and very muddy) time. Not only did we share a wonderful Thanksgiving feast together, but we also travelled to Bryce Canyon and hiked "Navajo Loop" with all the kiddies (8 between both families. That's a lot of kids!) We played games too, including Christmas charades, Uno Flash, and Twister. Thanks Aaron and Bonnie for your friendship and for accompyaning us on our little adventure! Here are some pictures of our little excursion:
Kids playing Twister.
Cam and Aaron manning the kitchen. Aaron working on the turkey while Cam made some delicious gravy.The kids sitting at the table, awaiting their Thanksgiving meal.
Bonnie dropping the powdered sugar. What made it so funny was that the day before she also dropped the 7up on the Thanksgiving table, and after quickly grabbing it and setting it upright, the soda continued to pour out of it like a geyser. It was awesome. She was totally the kids favorite, "That was awesome Bonnie!"
The kids getting ready to go sledding.
1, 2, 3, GO! Porter and Madison heading down the hill.
Amelie and Ella hanging out on top of the hill.
Coming back up for more.
A nice view of the cabin from the top of the sledding hill.
Aaron pulling the kids along with the rhino.
Maddy and Josh going for a ride.
The kids going for a ride with Aaron. Cam took the kids for a ride later that day, and completely covered the kids and the rhino in mud.
Josh driving the 4 wheeler with Cam on back.
Amelie cheering everyone on.
Bryce Canyon. The beginning of our Navajo Loop hike.
The Smith family. Pretty cute, right? Plus, one more on the way!!!
Cam with a monkey on his back.
The kids and the dads Hiking down Navajo Loop.
Josh and Porter. Josh's fever was coming back right about now, as the IBUProfen was wearing out. Turns out he had strep throat during our little trip, poor kid.
All the kids were dying and ready to be DONE when we still had about 15 minutes of uphill hiking to do. Lots of cold fingers, toes, and whining. The poor Smith family had to endure a long hike with the Eggertz bunch, but they were all great sports, and Bonnie even led the way back! Way to go, Prego!!
Josh
Josh's song, "Diversity Means Colors," won the reflections contest for his school in the "Musical Composition" category. Can you tell that he is real thrilled to have me take his picture in front of all the other school kids?! Buck up kid, your mom is going to embarass you a lot worse in your life.
Daxton
Here Daxton is showing us his dance moves. He even "break dances," though I can't quite find the words to describe how he does this. Basically he sits on the floor, and moves his legs around in a circle, hopping his arms over his legs. Yeah, those words just don't give his moves justice. When he's standing up dancing, like pictured above, he moves his legs around like a "River Dancer." It's pretty sweet.
Ella
Ella turned 5 years old on December 3rd. She had a "hodge-podge" birthday this year, as my grandma's funeral fell on the day of Ella's birthday, and Cam's work party was also that evening. In fact, I was feeling pretty guilty about not throwing her a "real" party, so Kelli, (my sister with a halo) called Saturday morning and asked if she could come over and we could all have a tea party with Ella. It was lots of fun, and there was, of course, dancing afterward.
And I have to add this last photo. Oftentimes I love uploading photos from the camera, because the kids will sneak the camera every once and again and take random pictures. This one Ella took at a school assembly we attended for Josh, a random picture she took of her boot. I can just picture her lifting her little foot in the air and snapping a quick shot. Kids are awesome.
Amelie
Our little whirlwind of mischief is growing by the minute. She currently weighs in at 31 lbs. At 22 months, she's a tanker. Her favorite snack are these fruit leather's you can buy at Costco. She averages 3 a day.
She is jabbering a lot now too, her favorite words being "Tat" for cat, and "Yes," which she says with a lisp. She's so stinkin cute. Speaking of whirlwind, Ella just hollered from the family room at Dax, "Dax, I can't look now, I'm chasing the baby," because Amelie just stole Ella's bag of cereal and ran off with it. Funny.
Amelie showing us her dance moves at Ella's party.
Cameron
Cam continues to be 100% kick ass. There is just no other way to describe him. He decided that he's just not fit enough, so now he has enrolled in this gym called "Gym Jones." Basically, it makes P90X workouts look like something your grandma would do. It's excrutiating even to hear about. So bad in fact, that you nearly pass out each time you exercise. And you're asking yourself, "Why is he doing this?" to which I reply, "Good question." But, he's doing it, and I just sit back and admire him.........from the couch.........with my box of chocolates.
Cindy
Life is good and the Holidays are upon us. I love this time of year, love the excitement my kids feel at the oncoming of the holiday.
I love having time to once again reflect upon our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know we hear of the miracles he performs all the time, so much so that we seem to take them for granted. However, I know He has power to do all things.
I know He lives and loves each of us individually.
I know He atoned for us, and performed that ultimate sacrifice so we could again live with our Father in Heaven.
May God bless you and your family this Holiday Season!


1 comment:
Cindy, I was sad to hear of your grandma's passing. We did however have a blast in Bryce Canyon. Porter even told his friend he hiked it! He was proud!! Aaron and I both got a good long laugh of your first sentence describing Cam. You and your family are so fun. Let's go on another vacation!!
Post a Comment