Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

12 days of Christmas


With all the hustle and bustle and chaos that December entails, this season I wanted to try and spend more time together as a family, doing fun things together.  So I wrapped up a few gifts, and had some clues in bow-tied envelopes.  Here was our 12 days of Christmas:

You are great, in all your glory,
now open this up and read the story!
We love TV, it’s really groovy,
now pop some corn and watch this movie!
Grab your coat and shoes and hat,
head to Ogden’s Christmas village.

what do you think about that?!
Make sure to bring your Christmas list, Santa will be there,
you won’t want to be missed!



It’s fun to sit and laugh and play, you’ll be doing something fun this day!

Go to the store and pick some candy, you’ll need your house to look fine and dandy.

Amelie eating most the candy...

Our house for the Thredgolds


To head to church, you must look your best,

Open Your box, please, be my guest!
Then Deliver your gingerbread house tonight,
head to the Thredgold’s and sing with all your might!




Grab your gifts and shoes and hat,

the Page Christmas Party is where the fun is at!
(we all had a good time with the Pages, even if we all caught the stomach flu from each other....)
You like to sit and cuddle and read, so open this gift, do proceed!

I like this one, it’s pretty good,

put it in, hope you’re in the mood!

You’ll need to remember and be super smart, open this gift and you can start!

It might be cold and dark and wet, but you’ll have lots of fun I bet!
(I really don't remember what we did this day, but I know I changed that poem to something different....Maybe we went for a "night walk."  Yeah, I think that was it.)
Jesus was born in a manger with hay,

Born tomorrow on Christmas day,
Read His story, in Luke it’s found there,
Be more like Jesus, show love, kindness and care.

 We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Holly's and Grandpa Glen's!
I'm not sure which child had the camera, but they took some great shots:
Hey Grandpa Glen, whatcha drinkin these days? 
Holly, look how beautiful your home is!

Cindy even broke out her "Christmas Chimes." Boo-yah!
Grandma Holly had a super fun craft for the kids, making these votives.

The Finished Product. 
It was fun to do these activities, but I think next year we will instead read a story from Christ's ministry for each day and try to reflect on Him more.  Put more "Christ" in Christmas if you know what I mean.
Merry Christmas 2011!

No comments: