Blog Archive

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Madness in March

It happened, and I was not entirely prepared for it. There was no slow lead in, no precursor, no heads up, just a "brace yourself because it's coming and there is nothing you can do to stop it."
No, I'm not talking about my hormones changing or the wiskers on my chin, they moved in a while ago. 

It all started at the Kaysville City Library. 

I took the kids to pick out some books, and Ella veared from our usual path that leads us to the children's books, and headed to a different section.  She came back with 2 books in tote.  Both Hannah Montana related, as pictured below:
Summed up, these books include pictures of the stars of the show with biographies, and facts about their interests, hobbies, etc.  I didn't think much of it, as I enjoy a little Miley Cyrus now and again.  We added them to the pile, checked out, and headed home.
The next morning Ella came upstairs with book in hand, and an odd smirk on her face.  A little tug of my pantleg alerted me that she wanted my attention.  I turn to see her looking up at me, and smiling with the book opened to this picture:

She just stared up at me with those big green eyes, smiling like something grand had happened.
"Ella, why are you smling?" I asked.
"I don't know, I just like looking at this picture."

Oh good heavens. 

"Why do you like this picture?"
"I don't know, maybe because of his smile or something."

Heaven help me. 

She's FIVE!!!  Surely I thought this might come about 3 or 4 years down the line, but now?  All I can ask of you is that you pray for me, as I'm going to need all the help I can get with this little red head.

Joshua
Face painting for St. Patrick's Day

Josh saw Kelli in "Comedy of Errors" at BYU


Josh's school class performed puppet plays this past month.  His was titled, "The Bee and Jupiter."  Josh's puppet was the queen bee, and he had a pretty good voice for her: high toned with a Southern drawl.  It was great.  He's quite the performer.

Daxton
Daxton is turning out to be quite the little break dancer. Not that I'm an expert, but let's just say that this boy has some serious moves. Combine that with his astounding hair do, and you've got quite the combination. 
Above, Daxton bustin a move with his best friend, Logan.  After I video recorded the two, Logan told me to send the video to everyone I know.




Painting bird houses with Aunt Lisa


Ella

Ella and I had a little date this month and went and saw "Beauty and the Beast" at Capitol Theatre. Ella borrowed a dress from her good friend, Hazel, so she was dressed for the part. Out of all the restaurants to choose from, she opted for a burger from "Five Guys." Nothing quite as delicious as a fresh burger topped with grilled onions, lettuce, ketchup, mayo, and of course, BACON.

We arrived at the theatre and walked inside. Ella said it looked like a "castle" and she loved picking up her dress so she could walk up the stairs (and there were lots of those where we sat.) She enjoyed the show, got a little teary as the beast was dying, then got real teary on our walk back to the car as her kindergarten shots were earlier that morning and the IBuprofen had worn off. Those poor little legs!

All in all, a fun date for the two of us.

Ella and Amelie sitting in the sun eating mom's raspberry custard.



Amelie
Hanging out on the stairs.


Amelie is 2 now so we packed up the crib and set up her "big girl bed."  She loves it (especially loves jumping on it and climbing out of bed at 6am to wake me up to her insistant cries of "Gabba Gabba," a tv show for kids.  You haven't seen that one?  I highly recommend it, I imagine it's what the world would be like if you were doped up on heroine.)

Amelie is a treat.  Loves loves to eat and rid your cupboards of suckers, m&m's, girl scout cookies and yogurt.

Cameron

Cameron is a saint, and opted out of his yert trip to stay home and take care of me, as I was not up to snuff.  Yet another reason that I am head over heels for this boy. That, and he can grow killer facial hair.  Beard, stache, flavor savor, you name it, he's had it this past month (Mustache March) .  `With or without facial hair, this boy is a fox. 

Cam was released from his calling this Sunday, as Priest quroum adviser and High Adventure leader.  It was a tearful moment.  He really, really loves those boys and is going to miss spending time with them.  He's been in that calling since we've been back from Belgium, and I feel, has enjoyed every minute of it.

Cindy


I also was tearful as they released me as Primary President today.  Hands down, primary is the greatest.  The spirit that is felt in the primary room is one of the sweetest I have ever felt.  I feel so blessed to have been able to feel such a great love for these children, and to be able to learn alongside them.  I love them, I'm going to miss each and every one of them, and also the amazing men and women whom I served with.  Bittersweet.

On another note, great news as this past month we were able to close on our loan, get the HOA approval from Dutch Fields, and are now awaiting approval from the city with the alotted permits.  Exciting!  We estimate to start the whole process the first week of April and have a "sparkling cider" celebration in a giant hole that will soon be our basement!

Wish us luck in the months ahead as I forsee this being quite the "adventure" for Cameron, myself, and our little family.

No comments: