It was amazing.
I had so much fun. Laura, Star, Andrea, Melissa and Gina--you are my friends forever and I hope and pray you invite me again next time. These girls rock! (like, seriously, they could kick your butt so don't cross them.)
Here are some pictures from our 3 night excursion:
Before I left. Super nervous. Little did I know that Kelli put my name on the prayer roll at the temple---in hopes that I would survive. Ha! That thing really works!!
We lowered our packs here and hiked down into the canyon
Me, Star, and Gina, hanging out while the other 3 helped some young dudes who got injured.
Look! I even set up a tent! Ha!
"Bathing."
Me and the gals at Jacob Hamblin's arch
Hiking out of the canyon. Sketchy......and ligit!
Yes, this pictre looks very innapropriate, but in my defense I was leaning back so you could see Star.
My new favorite gals!
Joshua
Josh hates sunblock. He squirms and complains everytime he's asked to put it on. So he and his buddy Abe decide to do a "triathlon" together; meaning they went for a mountain bike ride, ran around the block, then finished in the pool. The one drawback to this equation: no sunblock. Let's just say that after 2nd degree burns, Josh will no longer complain about rubbing on the sunscreen.
Josh had an awesome 5th grade teacher. Mrs. VanHouten was amazing. She decided to let her students do an "open market." As a class they came up with a money system, found ways to earn that way, and then had a market where they were able to makeup their own businesses, and sell their product. Josh and his buddies decided to sell "Wizard Juice." More or less a "butter beer" concoction from Harry Potter. It was a big success. They also sold root beer floats on the side.
Josh also asked to sign up for track and field this month. He was able to compete in 3 different meets. Turns out the Harrison blood runs through his veins and he is stinkin' fast. We also discovered that he has a talent for the high jump. Good work little buddy!
And finally, Josh had his violin concert this month. It sounded pretty good, and although his teacher is an absolute nut-job, he's opted to take violin again next year.
Daxton
Daxton makes me smile. The other night he drew this picture of the two of us holding hands. He was so proud. It makes his day when he knows he makes me happy.
Daxton finished up the first grade this year. He also had an incredible teacher, Mrs. Kerr. She is the best teacher I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of teachers!
Here Dax is on field day, doing the "balloon run." Love that kid!
Here is his first grade class:
Dax and Ella also did another bike race this year at Soldier Hollow. Dax REALLY wanted to take first, but after 3 grueling laps, he couldn't quite pull it off and ended up in second place. However, he was so fired up that he opted for one more lap, and completed 4 awesome laps around the track.
Go speed racer!
Ella
Ella on race day! She took first place for the 2-lap riders. Yeah for Ella-Bella!
Every Wednesday for the duration of her kindergarten year, Ella had "playgroup" with 7 other buddies from the neighborhood. The moms would rotate, and it turned out to be a blast! Here are a few pictures of the fun group:
Finished up with a swim party at Kaylee's house!
The fun group!
Ella jumping off the "diving board."
We were so blessed to have 3 amazing teachers this year. Mrs. Kohler was also one of the best I've ever seen. Ella just loved her kindergarten year and learned so much!
Snow cone on field day.
Kindergarten graduation.
Ella also had her dance recital this month. Luckily she and her buddy Aubrey were there for the other little girls to look to and follow.......they were a bit lost......and by a bit I mean quite a lot.......
Ella and Aubrey
And finally, thanks to great neighbors who watched Amelie all day; Ella and I were able to go on her Hogle Zoo field trip together! We had a great time! She even fell asleep on my lap on the bus ride home and thankfully I didn't lose any 5 year olds in the mass amounts of field trippers there.
Bus ride over.
My little gorilla.
I spy a cheetah.
Oops, one more. Ella has mad cup-building skills. She wanted me to take a picture of her "best tower ever."
Amelie
With all the crazy action that May has to offer: field trips, field days, graduations, dance recitals, school programs, etc. etc.....Amelie has been my little pal and has gone to it all! I just love having this girl around and will miss her when she heads to pre-school in the Fall! Looking through these pictures reminds me again how quickly all of this is flying by......
Rock Climbing at the gym. Yep, she dressed herself this day.
Static Electricity on the tramp!
Enjoying some ice cream with mom.
I love this girl. Love her poses, and her mis-matched shoes. And don't leave out that belly!
Here are a few more pictures for the wedding video. Ha ha. Above, Joey and Amelie were pretending to be "sleeping kitties." Below, they were all dressed up for some super-hero action.
This last photo is my favorite. Pulls at my heart strings because I know she won't be this little bundle for much longer. Here she is on the lounge chair, all cuddled up after swimming. I love to just scoop that little bundle into my arms!
Cameron
Cam swimming with the girls.
Cindy
The kids got their photos taken at school, and each and every one demonstrated their personalities so well that I was completely suckered into buying them:
I love to look nice and neat and need a napkin whenever I eat so I can wipe my face after each bite. I also prefer to use a straw when I drink a glass of milk because milk-mustaches are disgusting. Okay I'm ready for my photo-shoot. Cheese!
I am just easy going and funny.....and yes, this is my smile.
I am in fifth grade, don't want my picture taken, and I'm not showing my crooked teeth. Take the picture already so I can get out of here! (but isn't he so handsome?!)
This month I discovered chalk-paint. No, not chalk-board paint. This paint is milky, goes on thick, and chips off unless you use a wax to seal it in. It's fun to use, and has a nice aged-effect once it's done. So I painted all kinds of things this month:
Green clock, blue lamp, I also ended up painting the clock face.
Light green side table.
Antique-white side table. Ended up painting the lamp too!
I also got a new hat this month. Bieberlicious?
And finally, I'll leave you with my favorite shot from the front porch. This is on the porch swing looking West to the hillside. Come and join me!!
1 comment:
I can't believe how quickly Ella and Amelie are growing. I miss my Ella Cinderella!
Post a Comment