Deer at dusk.....
Sledders at day.
Is it a new year already? Seriously? I finally get used to writing 2013 on all my checks, and then they go and change it on me. Time---you are going WAY to fast for my liking. I just can't keep up. The kids are growing like weeds, teeth are falling out left and right, the tooth fairy continues to "misplace" the money, and now we have braces to worry about! It's okay though, I've come to grips that I am old now. Well, older. Whether it's my aching joints or my deepening crows-feet, all is evidence that my mortal clock is ticking. I straightened my hair today (I had to reach my "once a year" quota, and yes, I did feel like a curly-girl traitor). The kids didn't even recognize me. Ella approached me, stroking my straight blonde locks and said, "Wow mom, you look a lot younger." I guess I'll take that as a compliment? Does that mean that 364 days out of the year I look "a lot older?"
I think my old age has affected my subconcious as my dreams are full of rebelious nature, well, if you call getting a "tatoo" and "edgy-haircut" rebelious. We took Ella in to get her ears pierced this past month, and a strong force urged me to ask the lady if they do nose piercings. Unfortunately the answer was a resounding "no," and I left claire's boutique with
A: a happy daughter and
B: no nose stud.
No worries, I'll do other things to encourage my "youth-nicity," Things like dancing with my kids, or wearing bright pink lip-gloss. Cartwheeling in the family room or impressing my kids with my numberless push-ups (I use the term "numberless" very loosely here.) We're only as old as we feel, right? Though my body is telling me I'm 85, I'll just keep reminding my brain that I am 16 with a tatoo on my butt-cheek and a small, sterling-silver nose stud.
Joshua
It is an amazing feeling when your oldest child can babysit. You feel as if your freedom has increased 10 fold. You can date again! Actually hold a complete conversation with your dream boy over a dinner you didn't have to cook! Cam and I went out with his family Saturday night to celebrate Glen's retirment (Go GLEN!!) We arrived home at 9:30 to find our house spotless. Dishes in the sink, throw pillows fluffed and on the couch, and all the kids tucked snuggly in their beds sawing logs. It warmed my heart that he is a responsible, loving, older brother. (bribing with cold hard cash definitely does the trick)
This is what Josh does every night, and at 9:30 we finally say "lights out buddy."
Josh, number 21, has had a great basketball season thus far. He has an amazing coach (thanks Cam!) and his team is currently undefeated. Josh's confidence is on the ups, he is learning to read the court better and better each game.
Ella took this shot of "coach Eggertz."
Daxton
If the above picture doesn't make you laugh out loud, you might need Prozac.
This month it was finally time to give fro-boy a hair cut. Cam took him in to Great Clips, and poor little Dax came home with THE WORST haircut I have ever seen on that child. It was awful. I should have photographic proof. It was so bad that I told him I would "touch it up" after dinner. With clippers in hand and a size "3" attachment, we went to work. After buzzing off one side, I noticed that he could have a pretty sweet mow hawk. After looking at his reflection, he quickly agreed. We buzzed the other side and voila! Fro-boy now had one sweet, curly mow-hawk! (Cam said he could keep it until church)
Dax had to show me one morning that his mini dream-light completely camoed with his boxers. And yes, I promise this boy does eat.
Dax also started basketball this month. And though I've been a little frustrated with the coaching (as in, there is no coaching or direction), Dax nonetheless has had a great time. (I will be coaching next year. I'm not kidding!)
Dax is the blur on the left, about to run down court to get under the basket. He towers above most kids, so he has quite the advantage with rebounds......if only he would go for the rebounds.
Ella's dream came true this month as after 4 months of pleading, we finally signed her up for violin lessons. She is eating it up, and though this whole "Suzuki" philosophy is causing me a bit of anxiety, it is definitely evident that your child can soar through this learning method.
Yes, Ella did get her ears pierced this month. Our deal was to wait until her 8th birthday, as I had to wait until my 8th birthday. Well that theory flopped as she hung one of my kindergarten Christmas ornaments on the tree and noticed that my ears were pierced in the photo. "Mom, aren't you 5 in kindergarten?!" Could have sworn I was eight.......
So we made a deal: next time we were at the mall we could get them done. A fun day at the Farmington Plaza and BOOM, my little girl is now a little lady.
Here are some pictures of the play by play.
Getting ready....
They're pierced!
Sees them for the first time.
My little lady!
And here are some more pictures of our Bella from the past month:
Together, Ella and I made a snow princess.
Kelli gave Amelie and Ella her huge, huggable pink hippo named "Bruce." The girls LOVE him, and trade off each night sleeping with him.
The girls spent a Saturday morning building a fort.
And finally, this proves that there is an inborn, genetic difference between male and female. You will never, ever catch any of my boys refolding their clothes because they are "too messy in my drawer."
Amelie
Ice skating on a snowy day.
This girl never ceases to amaze me with her athletic ability. She has begun skiing so fast that it makes me uncomfortable. However, she then had two pretty decent crashes, (one of which consisted of an in-air front flip) and those have humbled her enough to slow down a little.
Skiing always tuckers her out, and she falls asleep on the car ride home.
She also LOVES to dance. Her dancing is one of the things that makes Cam and I most happy. She literally feels the music and her body responds to the emotion of the song. Up on her toes, down to the floor, spinning, jumping and leaping around the room. It's hands down pure awesomeness.
Here she is running and dancing around the track in her princess dress (she's big into dress ups lately). And below, dancing with her good friend Chloe.
And it wouldn't be complete without a dozen or so pictures of Amelie with her best buddy, Joey.
Here they are playing "Monopoly Junior" one day.
Amelile had a sleepover with her buddy. Colleen and Joel went out of town, and Joey and Richie were able to spend the night. Amelie was just a tad excited. "Joey gets to sleep in my house?!"
Here they are the next morning.
The sometimes see each other at the Rec center, while their brothers play basketball. They usually run around the track holding hands.
Another day they watched "Bo on the Go" and were "moving and grooving to the beat."
Here they are at Joey's house, playing dress up. I love Joey's look: pink skirt with nunchucks.
Cameron
Cam has found many guys up in Midway with very similar interests: climbing, back country skiing, biking, etc. Among those is his pea in the pod. Casey Jarvis. Both easy going, both enjoy having a good time, both enjoy being insanely active. They climb some mornings at the gym, back country others, and Cam's new favorite, ice-hockey. Casey built (yes, built) his own skating rink, and they invited us over one Saturday to play hockey with their family. It was a blast, and everyone did great (even Amelie!) Cam has also played at night with other guys (some driving up from Salt Lake to play). Good times!
Cam also did his annual "Yurt trip" this month. 3 Days full of skinning up, and skiing down. Deal was you had to grow a mustache to be allowed on the trip, if not, they sharpie-markered one on your face when you got there. Cam grew out a beard, and shaved this piece of work the day of the trip:
Here's a picture Shera snapped. He is wearing her sunglasses. She called him the "dirty french man."
While Shera, Jeff and Cam were at the Yurt, I was able to watch the cousins! We all had such a fun time. We loved having Jack and Kenny with us! Here are some pics of the great time we had together!
Josh reading to the boys.
Jack was very into making bracelets.
We had one big slumber party in the family room one night.
Sledding the next day.
Kelli joined us for the fun!
Dinner!
Here are all the boys making bracelets while Josh read to them. Love it.
Cindy
I have had a fun month. Still feel like I'm trying to catch up from Christmas, get the house back in order, catch up on laundry and house-hold chores. Never ending, and I tire of it easily. It's the part of my "job" I like the least, and I often feel like I'm drowning. So I try to take more time to skate with the kids, or take a ski day with Amelie (or just take a nap and eat chocolate.)
Kelli came over one day, and though neither of us paint our nails too often, we both had painted ours earlier that day. And they were almost identical in color! Ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment