



Just when you tire of the cold, drab, dark weather; the trees begin to blossom (popcorn!) and the daffodils smile back at you. Welcome Spring!Truthfully, we have had only a handful of good, warm days here-but I'll take what I can get. Today is one of them, and I'll take the sunshine with open arms!
Cam just took Josh to school, and then is hitting the grocery store for the staples-bread, milk, eggs.....Nutella. Okay, actually I am much better about the whole Nutella thing. I think I kind of burned myself out on it-which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now I've moved on to Brioche. I blame Juri and Vaitiare (our friends here who are also going to school). You see Juri was kind enough to introduce me to the brioche by bringing some by for us to enjoy. Now I'm addicted. It's a pastry-kind of like a cinnamon roll, but without the cinnamon. They come in a metal tin, 7 to a container-and I could inhale them all in one sitting. Luckily I have a little self control-not much I'm afraid, and still down 2 or 3 each time. Last time we went shopping I bought 3 packs of Brioche. No joke. Actually Juri and Vaitiare, I don't blame you-I'm thanking you!! (so are my thighs and my butt)
This is Cam's last week of classes. He turns in one paper this month, then two more the following month. His only grades come from the papers, so it's a big deal. He is looking for an internship to start for the summer (hopefully a paid one) and that will keep him busy until September when School starts again. He is feeling 100% again, and I am SO thankful to have him back.
Josh is loving school. Hooray! The other day at dinner, he started singing a song in French that he learned from school. It's exciting to hear him actually learning the language. He bore his testimony for the first time yesterday. I still can't believe he went up there on his own. He said "I believe in Jesus. I believe in Gordon B. Hinkley the prophet. I believe Joseph Smith is a prophet." Very heartwarming-a proud parent moment.
Daxton is finally talking. The other day he roamed around the house looking high and low saying "Joshua? Joshua?" He kept opening doors and looking behind the couch-he thought Josh was hiding. I had to explain that Josh was at school. I guess it's good to know that they like each other. Dax currently is obsessed with shoes, and we find him walking around with my heels quite often. (should I be worried? hee hee)
Ella seems to grow by the minute. She is so long! She's wearing 6 month clothing. There is nothing better than a 4 month old baby. Ella is smiling, laughing, kicking her legs and wiggling her arms, but still can't get into anything! You put her down and she stays there! Now if we could only get her to sleep through the night...
I am doing well and was just called into the Young Women. There are 7 YW now, but 7 more beehives are supposed to come in this summer. Should be fun. I am looking into a French class held in the neighboring town of Tervuren. Hopefully I can learn to say something besides "I don't know" and "where is the bathroom" before we leave from here, but don't count on it.
Pictured above are:
Daxton playing at a park near our house
My "happy birthday" children
Cam and Dax in Leuven (a town about 15 km from us)
Ella Bella (3 1/2 months)
Josh "fishing" in Tervuren park
We hope you all to be well and happy. Keep in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment