
Belgium has a lot to see! It's great because the country is so small, it doesn't take long to get from one end to the other.
We have been fortunate enough to see a few sights this month. We travelled to a very popular city called Bruge. It is
breathtaking-with its unique buildings and shops, cathedrals, and canals running throughout the city. We also went to a large Chateau in a city called Gaasbeek, as well as traveled to the Netherlands to see the tulips. Fields of tulips, daffodils, and hyacinth blanket the city of Keukenhof. It's incredible-unfortunately most of the tulips had already peaked, but a few fields remained in bloom for our eyes to feast upon.
Cam is at school right now, busily writing his last paper. One more to go, then exams May 12th. I just read through one of his papers about the comparison between the US and Chinese Soft Power. Hey, I just learned something new! He is attending another meeting tonight, and hopefully arranging an internship with the Transatlantic Institute (a Jewish funded group that works on Foreign Cooperation with energy, trading, etc.)
Josh is back in school, after a 2 week long spring break. He loved the castle we saw, especially the knight's armor. However, upon leaving the grounds we asked Josh how he liked the castle and he replied "I liked it, but I just wanted to walk through it, not learn about it." So apparently tours aren't his thing (plus the lady had to do it in 3 languages.) My favorite Josh quote of the month pertains to the prophet. He asked me why Gordin B. Hinkley was chosen as the prophet, so I tell him how God chooses the prophet, and Josh replies "Yeah, and I think it's because Gordon B. Hinkley has white hair and glasses."
Daxton is still a hoot. He has reached the age when he no longer has his baby face, but has grown into a little boy. I cut his afro-so that made him look older as well. His favorite part of the day is when we go to pick up Josh from school. It seems that the boys love each other when they are apart, but tend to argue when together. Boys will be boys, I guess.

We have been fortunate enough to see a few sights this month. We travelled to a very popular city called Bruge. It is
breathtaking-with its unique buildings and shops, cathedrals, and canals running throughout the city. We also went to a large Chateau in a city called Gaasbeek, as well as traveled to the Netherlands to see the tulips. Fields of tulips, daffodils, and hyacinth blanket the city of Keukenhof. It's incredible-unfortunately most of the tulips had already peaked, but a few fields remained in bloom for our eyes to feast upon.Cam is at school right now, busily writing his last paper. One more to go, then exams May 12th. I just read through one of his papers about the comparison between the US and Chinese Soft Power. Hey, I just learned something new! He is attending another meeting tonight, and hopefully arranging an internship with the Transatlantic Institute (a Jewish funded group that works on Foreign Cooperation with energy, trading, etc.)
Josh is back in school, after a 2 week long spring break. He loved the castle we saw, especially the knight's armor. However, upon leaving the grounds we asked Josh how he liked the castle and he replied "I liked it, but I just wanted to walk through it, not learn about it." So apparently tours aren't his thing (plus the lady had to do it in 3 languages.) My favorite Josh quote of the month pertains to the prophet. He asked me why Gordin B. Hinkley was chosen as the prophet, so I tell him how God chooses the prophet, and Josh replies "Yeah, and I think it's because Gordon B. Hinkley has white hair and glasses."Daxton is still a hoot. He has reached the age when he no longer has his baby face, but has grown into a little boy. I cut his afro-so that made him look older as well. His favorite part of the day is when we go to pick up Josh from school. It seems that the boys love each other when they are apart, but tend to argue when together. Boys will be boys, I guess.

Ella changes each day. She is almost 5 months old. Her hair is beginning to grow-still red. She is smiling, rolling, and full of giggles. Here brothers are her two most favorite people in the world. She smiles whenever they are near. She is such a good baby, thank goodness. She just chills most the time, goes to bed no prob, and is still nursing like a champ. I love those chubby thighs!
I am doing great-aside from a sinus infection and mild bronchitis earlier this month. I love the warmer weather, but am not looking forward to the summer heat in the van with no air conditioning. Okay, Dax just farted so loud, and now he is laughing his head off. Got to love em. I am trying each day to be a better wife and mother (I've got a lot to work on). I am learning a lot about what's important in life during our time here. Living here is a great, though oftentimes challenging, experience.
We wish you all well and love to receive updates from all of you!
I am doing great-aside from a sinus infection and mild bronchitis earlier this month. I love the warmer weather, but am not looking forward to the summer heat in the van with no air conditioning. Okay, Dax just farted so loud, and now he is laughing his head off. Got to love em. I am trying each day to be a better wife and mother (I've got a lot to work on). I am learning a lot about what's important in life during our time here. Living here is a great, though oftentimes challenging, experience.
We wish you all well and love to receive updates from all of you!

1 comment:
I love it. thanks for sharing. Your kids are so freaking big! Hugs to all. Mike is busy busy with the Mortuary and I am still working and will do so through the summer. (YUCK!) But, life is great. Don't miss SG.....the summer heat is on and it has no intention of letting up any time soon. Sure wish i had a friend with a pool.....Ha, ha! Love ya, Miss ya!
Post a Comment