Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

EMPLOYMENT!!!!


After a year and a half with no steady income, Cameron is finally EMPLOYED!!! Let me first say THANK YOU so much to everyone for your thoughts and your prayers. It has helped us so much.

Cameron started his first day at Mountain States Networking on Wednesday. He is their inside sales and service representative. We are both so excited and so grateful to have this job. We were both pretty clueless about how difficult it is to find employment. I guess we both thought with his past work experience and degree, that a job would just come easily. That is so not the case. Cameron sent resume after resume to all sorts of places, to no avail. The saying holds true, "It's not about what you know, it's all about WHO you know." Thanks so much to my dad who gave Cameron the email address to Rob Harker, a man in his neighborhood, who got Cam the interview which led to the job. Oh, I feel so indebted. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Well, now that that nightmare is over.....

I am so happy to finally know that we have some kind of plan, something to count on. I don't have to worry about selling the house because we are moving to some foreign land (well, not yet anyways, I guess you never know.) I'm just happy.

So, I read through my last blog entry and realized that I am quite a pessimist. I'm sorry. I'll try to pick myself up and not be such a downer. I really am happy.

JOSH

Josh graduated from kindergarten last week. I joined him in his Hogle Zoo field trip, (along with the five other 6 year olds in my group.) It was a great time. They have a "white alligator" at the zoo right now. Pretty freaky. Definitely worth the trip! Josh is LOVING his first week of summer vacation. We went to Cherry Hill on Monday, and had a great time splashing in the water and swimming in the pool. I feel so lucky to have my Joshy-boy. He helps me so much. "Josh, can you hold Dax's hand?" "Josh, can you grab a diaper for me?" "Josh can you massage mommy's shoulders?" Wouldn't it be nice if that last one were true! Actually, he has attempted it, but his tiny fingers don't do much.

DAXTON

Dax loves sneaking downstairs after Josh has fallen asleep, to join Cameron and I in our "veg" state. In fact, he just joined us. He always acts extra sweet, and gives lots of hugs and kisses telling us "I love you Mom," and "I love you Dad," so we won't send him back to bed. Generally it works every time.

Potty training is going well. We've almost got the potty part down, but we're struggling with #2. I don't get it. He knows when he needs to go (often he hides and goes in his pants.) He just refuses to do it in the toilet. Any suggestions fellow potty trainers?

ELLA

Ella is actually showing a ton of interest with Dax's potty seat, so I might start with her as well. She is always laying on the floor with her legs spread, wiping her unmentionables with a wet wipe. Is this normal? She is hilarious. Ella is talking up a storm lately. She loves repeating what we say. What a hoot. She's getting chubbier too, which I didn't think was possible. Ella is officially 18 months old, and will attend nursery on Sunday! Hopefully with her brother in there, it might make things easier (actually, she might run away BECAUSE he is in there. He tends to pick on her quite often.)

CAM

Cam is employed, and I think, happy. He actually has been working at Sam's Club for the past two weeks, to try and make a little money until something else came up. It makes me love him even more. I know how difficult it was for him to spend all the money, time, and effort to get his masters degree, only to end up greeting people at Sam's and asking them if they want to upgrade their membership. Well, hopefully he won't have to do that again, and can finally use his intelligence and skills to better Mountain States' business.

ME

I am happy. Things have been going real well with ModBE, and I am happy I signed up to be a consultant. I've almost made enough to buy the camera I want (Cannon digital XTi). I hope I can keep it up. I've been surprised how busy it has kept me, but hopefully now that I know all the "how to's", it will be smoother.

A few weeks ago my mom, and all 3 of my sisters and I traveled to Salt Lake City (yes, all the way to Salt Lake!) for a 2 night spree. It was AWESOME!!!! I felt like a human being again. Being able to carry on an uninterrupted conversation for 2 days was wonderful. We went shopping, had delicious meals, and even saw Laser U2. (My mom Loved that one.) It was fun to feel like a silly sister again, being lame and crazy, while taking pictures of us posing in the different rooms in IKEA. Yes, that is what we did for fun!

Until next time....

5 comments:

Four Winns said...

Cindy, a word on the camera: I would suggest the Rebel XT. I know the XTi is the newer version but the XT is better rated all around (by professional camera sites and regular people like you and me), plus it's cheaper. Look on Amazon and you can get a great deal for one with a silver body and a kit lens. As for potty training, I've read that letting them go in their diaper while on the potty helps. I even read about someone who cut a hole in the diaper so the kid could go "in the diaper" and on the potty. Weird. Good luck! Have fun at Cherry Hill this summer with Sara :o)

Reynolds Family said...

Congrats on the job. I love that feeling of having a more secure future. I am so happy for you guys! I am determined to start potty training Sam next Monday. Wish me luck-see ya Wednesday.

Robbie said...

Congratulations on the new job. I talk to you all the time but I have to read your blog to find out you got a new jo. Nice. Hi Cindy! I'm glad things are going well for you too.

Neese Family said...

Hey you! I am so excited that he is employed! What a great feeling! As for the potty training, I have no suggestions! My son loves to #2 on the potty, but won't pee and the other one did both at the same time. It is my least favorite job about being a mom! Did I metion yet how cute your little ones are? They are so cute! I love reading your blog, thanks for sharing!

Penny said...

Hooray for employment! Tell Cam congrats. That is great and I'm glad you anxiety will dwindle a bit now :). I think its great that you got to have a girls' trip. I look forward to ours all year. Sometimes you just need to remember that you are something other than just a mom. Like a friend, sister, goofball, whatever.