My single older sister stopped by the other night, and as she left, said, "Well, tomorrow's my day off. I'm sleeping in 'til noon." My first reaction was "Wow, how would that be?"
That night as I lie in bed trying to fall asleep, I started to think about my children. I have 3 little people that I am in charge of. They rely on me for just about all of their basic physical needs (not to mention emotional and spiritual). I have to watch over them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. There is no time off. No paid overtime (no paid anything, for that matter). No vacation time. I don't even get a lunch break. All these thoughts were running through my mind and I began to feel incredibly claustrophobic (or maybe suffocated?) . Oh my word, I have to take care of myself and 3 others EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY!!! Now you're probably thinking to yourself "Get over it, Cindy. You only have 3 kids and you get to stay home and raise them." It's true, and I understand that, but the suffocation continued on through the next day.
I honestly could not breathe the following day. My kids must have somehow sensed that I was full of anxiety, so they kicked it up a notch and were incredibly needy/whinny. I texted Cam around 2 and said that if I didn't get out of the house soon, I was going to explode. I could just imagine Cam cleaning the Cindy blood and guts off our walls (what a mess).
Thank goodness for 2 things: REDBOX and VITAMIN B Complex. We rented ourselves a little BOLT, popped some popcorn, and mom ran to the Albertsons to get some Vitamin B to try to calm over her hormone typhoon. One pill later, some very, very yellow urine, and all was well again. (Oops, I almost forget to mention the rolos and starburst. They helped too. Thank you sugary sweetness.)
JOSHUA
Skiing the snow capped peaks of Snow Basin Resort one Saturday, then climbing around Moab red-rock the next. 'Tis the beauty of Utah. Honestly, could this state be any cooler? Cam took Josh and Dax skiing a couple weeks ago, and Josh, tiring from the slowness of his younger brother, decided to go down the run by himself. Dad gave the okay and he was off. Cam would watch him go down the run while he was on the lift. While looking down, he saw a little boy skiing the "terrain park" only to discover that it was his little 6 year old down below skiing the boxes and taking the jumps. Junior studmuffin.

Josh has started this dance move, where he pulls this weirdo face, shakes his hips, and moves his arms back and forth while saying "I like this music." I about pee my pants laughing every time he does it. I keep wondering why I get such a kick out of this blond-haired boy, then it occurs to me while he is dancing like a doofus: this kid is exactly like me! I love it.

DAXTON
Dax is big into Superman right now. Currently, his favorite show is Superman Returns (skip the fight scene). Our house is filled with the sound of Daxton humming the superman tune. While brushing his teeth the other day, he told me he was a super hero. I asked him what we should call him, to which he replied "Superhero Dax." (duh mom, what else?)
Last week it was finally warm enough to send the kids out back to play and after helping Dax put his shoes on, he took my face in his hands and said "You're a nice little momma," then patted me on the head, and ran outside. I love those moments (I guess I do get paid).
ELLA
Ella is my #1 girlfriend. I took her to a "Chic and Unique Boutique" the other night (put on by my good friend Wendy) and Ella and I had such fun picking out hats and flowers to wear. Ella ended up with a white crocheted beany with a pink flower. Very Chic.
Ella loved camping and all the dirt involved, just as much (if not more than) her brothers. She loved climbing up the big rocks, digging in the dirt, and of course-throwing it.

CAMERON
Check out that picture! Mike Blummer, of "Blummer Photography" took that one when he went back-country skiing with Cam a few weeks ago.

Let me just write a few things that make Cam amazing.
-Yesterday he woke up early to play a game of basketball, then went skiing 'til 2, and this morning ran 8 miles. (hello, that much exercise in 2 days would put me in the hospital!)
-He still makes me laugh all the time (sometimes not on purpose)
-He loves his Bella so much, and she just ADORES him (every morning: "Dad, where you going?" "I have to go to work Ella." "No, no go to work. Stay here!")
-He is great at wrestling and playing with his boys (basketball, soccer, baseball, you name it!)
-He cleaned all 3 bathrooms today (need I say more?!)
-He's an amazing cook
-He puts up with me when I haven't taken my vitamin B

CINDY
Last week I biked Slick Rock for the first time. It was awesome. Shera and I did it together, and it was the most fun I've had (well, recreational fun) in a long time. When Shera and I first got onto our bikes I yelled "Shera, my butt's already sore and we haven't even started!" She yelled back that her's was as well. We were racking our brains trying to figure out what we did that made our bums sore, only to finally conclude that it wasn't anything we had done prior, but that our butt's were not cushy where they were supposed to be and, much to our dismay, the cush had unfortunately dropped much lower (saggy bum-itis). So unfortunate.

The best news about slick rock: MY HEART IS FIXED!!! I hadn't done anything too strenuous since the surgery, but the whole time on Slick Rock it didn't do its little freak out beat once. Hoorah, Hooray! Now I don't need to worry about my heart stopping me from kickin' butt, just my incredible out-of-shapeness.
On the last day in Moab, we decided to hike with the kids to Delicate Arch. I think the picture about sums it up. The wind was a gusty 40 mph, so once we finally made it to the arch, we were there long enough to snap a few pics (eyes covered or closed due to the wind whipping sand in your face) then headed back to the car for the long ride home.

It was a great time, but I think I will officially cross of "Camping with 3 kids" from my list. (Well, at least for a month or two)
Oh, and last month I turned 29!! Look at that cake Cam made for me! (pure chocolatey deliciousness)




4 comments:
Looks like a good month. I love the pictures-it makes me want to try skiing again. Remember when we skiied together-good, funny memories. I can totally relate to the vit B fix. I had a little break down last Friday-mostly because of sick kids. I made Tim come home and it was a nice long weekend. I'm all better and got a little sun tan yesterday in our backyard. We've got our playset up. You have to come over and play soon.
congrats cindy on so much, on being a great mom, on being a great example, on being human, on having a HEART that appears to be in good working condition. I love to read your blog. keep it up. that picture of CAM skiing is awesome!
Suffocation, I know, it happens sometimes. At least you are usually annoyingly happy and perky most the time. Good job on slick rock. It was a fun ride, and don't worry someday you'll be able to sleep until noon, oh wait like this weekend. Vegas`.
I thought you kicked butt with a not so good heart, (glad I was on your team)I'd hate to compete against you with a good one...look out everyone here comes Cindy! ;) I enjoy reading your blog, it gives me confidence that yes, it is possible to leave the house with three kids and have some fun in the outdoors. Next time I have a wig-out moment I'll have to try the vitamin B.
Post a Comment