Happy Easter!
Is it just me, or do you too wish you had the confidence of the Man in the Yellow Hat? Just look at the way he holds his head high while wearing that yellow get up. Now, I can understand needing to wear the outfit to work (is he a park ranger or something?) but he can pull off that yellow-hat look wherever he goes. To the park, on the farm.....why he even wears that yellow hat to the beach to match his yellow swim suit! (Is it any wonder the man is single?)

Some others have tried the look, but failed miserably. Just look at this poor fellow. Doesn't even come close, does he?

The man in the yellow hat has a style and a sense of self-confidence that I admire. Rock that yellow hat, you go boy.

Some others have tried the look, but failed miserably. Just look at this poor fellow. Doesn't even come close, does he?
The man in the yellow hat has a style and a sense of self-confidence that I admire. Rock that yellow hat, you go boy.
Joshua
I was picking Josh up from his play practice last Friday, and his good friend Maddie came along with him. While riding back in the car, Maddie says "Josh, your friend Justis kept staring at me."
and Josh repies,"Really? He's in my class at school."
"Yeah, he kept looking at me the entire class."
"I'll ask him on Monday, 'Justis, is Maddie your girlfriend?' And then I'll tell you after school if he thinks you're hot."
WHAT!? Seven years old and already using terms like "girl friend" and "hot." Uggh, it has already started. I have heard from several different people that eight years old is the perfect age for "the talk." I guess it's better to hear it from a parent, while they are still fairly innocent-instead of hearing it from some punk at school who uses graphic terms that not even I have heard of. So, Cam has given me the reigns for this task. Wish me luck,and please offer suggestions if you've done this kind of thing before.
Daxton
Daxton's potty humor is off the charts. He will say and do anything, just for a laugh, and most of it involves the word "poop" or a dance he does where he wiggles his behind. He likes to call Josh "poopy-stinky," while wiggling his bum and ending with a high pitched, "I'm crazy!"
It is so interesting to me how different my two boys are. Josh was never into being the 'funny one' when friends were over, but Daxton thrives on it.
Ella
This month has been a cold, rainy one, but Ella has repeatedly come down in her swimsuit after I ask her to get dressed. She asks, "Can we get the trampoline wet?" as it's 40 degrees outside and her pink undies are sticking out from underneath her suit. Hopefully it will warm up soon, as summer is just around the corner.
Amelie
My baby girl seems to be getting bigger daily. I already need to rotate her clothes as she has grown out of all her newborn get-ups. She is smiling, cooing, kicking those little legs and chewing on her pudgy little paws. Babies are wonderful.
Cameron
Cam is planning on climbing Mt. Rainer with my brother in law and another friend in a couple weeks. Apparently it is a pretty technical climb, complete with mountaineering equipment (ice-picks and all). I am excited for him, but ask that he ups his life insurance policy before leaving....
Cam has had back problems the last few months, and finally went to a chiropractor/physical therapist the other day. He has a bulging disc that is pinching a nerve, but the doc said after a few treatments, he should be good to go. (Isn't getting older the best?!)
Cindy
I'm not going to lie, I'm tired. Most of it is my own fault. I keep filling my time with tasks that are unnecessary, too much on my platter. So I am going to scale back from here on out. I also need to keep reminding myself that there are more important things in life than a clean/organized house.
The past month of April was a fun one. We were able to travel with Cam to Las Vegas (as he does lots of business there). We left Utah, with a backyard full of snow, and drove six hours to sunshine and warm weather. It was real nice to spend so much fun time with the kids.
A couple weeks later we traveled to Moab as a family and camped out. What a great time! We purchased a pop-up camper trailer from our good friends the Chamberlains, and that little space was just what we needed! It's amazing what a little heat can do when you're trying to sleep and wondering if your little ones are warm enough.
I was also able to get back on my bike and ride "Rockin' A" with my little sister Kelli, and little bro Cameron. It was SO WONDERFUL to ride that trail, to do something active and feel my muscles working again. I can't wait to go back!
2 comments:
I don't get the yellow hat thing, I was hoping there was going to be a picture of you in a yellow swim suit with a yellow hat. Bummer.
love the blog posts, as always cindy lee. you are great. you keep me sane with your humor and whit. (it's always funny when it is someone else's child). love ya!
Post a Comment