For some odd reason I seem to get oodles of cankers after I have a baby. I even got one on my tongue this time. Unfortunately the fullness is only on one side of my lip, so instead of looking like miss Jolie, I instead look like Bill Murray's character on Caddy Shack. Not that full lips matter much. I look in the mirror and I see a different body staring back at me. I have passed the "cute young mom" stage and have moved on to the woman with love handles wearing mom jeans. It's all about "suck it in and button it above your navel" now. But that's okay, because you know what world?! I will rock these mom jeans! I will be struttin down the aisles at the grocery store in pants with enormous back pockets. You will pass me and say, "that lady is rockin those mom jeans!" And I will smile back with my crooked lip and frizzy hair and nod my head in approval.
Joshua
"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."
I came downstairs the other morning to discover Dax and Josh had built a "dinosaur land" in our family room. Josh even tied some string on the Pterodactyl and taped it to the entertainment center. I love that these two are good friends.
Josh had a great time rock climbing with his dad and Dax last month in Ibex. Campfires, tents, dirt, rocks: a boys domain. His favorite is bouldering (climbing big rocks without a harness.) I think that's because he gets pretty scared when he gets too high on the rock with his harness on.
Daxton
Ella had her friend Ally over the other day. She was showing Ally her room and said, “That is my bed, and that is a picture of Jesus. He's my brother.” Too which Dax responded, “Jesus is not your brother, Jesus is the Man.”
We were eating lunch the other day and Dax's eyes grew wide, he smiled at me and said, “Mom, look! You're big tummy is back!” Sigh. Oh well, guess that's what 4 kids will do to ya.
And finally, last night Josh told Dax that he wanted to be called “Brooklyn” from now on (a Newsies kick) to which Dax replies, “How 'bout I call you poopy pants instead.”
Isn't the picture below awesome? Dax is running on the far right, Josh the second to the left. These boys are in their element-wide open spaces!
Ella
Ella
No doubt, this girl is a little spitfire (okay, a big spitfire.) Right now I am enjoying the spunk, but I will eat those words once the teenage years hit. I guess I just enjoy the fact that she holds her own, even though she's so little. I was so shy when I was younger, but Ella has no fear and will run up to her sunbeam teacher to give her a giant hug, or unfortunately, push someone aside who's in her way.

Ella participated with 4 other girls in a dance for our stake's talent show. It was the "kangaroo hop" and can be viewed here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/greganddayna/March2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCLPcoubG04vdjAE&feat=email#She LOVED every second of it and I think I will sign her up for dance this fall.
Amelie
Cameron gave Amelie a blessing on March 28th. She wore the same dress I did when my dad blessed me. We were so lucky to have so much family join us for the occasion! I am very aware what a blessing it is to have a husband who worthily holds the priesthood. It's power is real, I have felt its effects many times in my life. Cam blessed Amelie with many things, and I am so excited to be a part of her life and take part in all that she can become.
She is getting cuter each day, and the dimples have remained. She has started smiling and cooing and she responds to you and the attention you give her. I love it! She's doing pretty good at night, eating about every 3 hours. Her brothers and sister still adore her, and always help her if she fusses, or if I need a diaper. Great kids!
Cameron
Cam had a fun month. He went skiing with his brother and brother in law at Brighton, took the boys to Wolf Mountain, and also went camping and climbing with the boys. I'm trying to milk info out of him right now “Cam, what did you do last month?”
“I spent time with you and the baby.”
“You have to give me more than that.”
“That's all there is, I'm a boring guy, Cindy.”
“Well, I have to write something. What should I write about you?”
“You don't have to write anything about me.”
So, there ya go. That's Cam for the month of March
Cindy
I turned 30 this past month. It was a great birthday. I had a 2 week old baby!! (does it get much better than that?) We went out to eat at Granny Annie's with my side of the family. So much fun! (gotta love the open faced turkey sandwich. Delish) Cam took the kids shopping and they each picked out some fun things, including a snuggie, some sandals, and an exercising game for the wii (let's get those love handles under control...)
It seems that everywhere I go people continue to tell me to enjoy my little ones "they won't be little for long." SO I am doing just that. I really try to hug them a lot, tell them I love them, and let them know how important they are to me. Being a mom is the greatest, even if it makes your insides fall out and your abs turn to mush. Totally worth every age spot and stretch mark!
5 comments:
The kids are definately worth it! When I have a bad day I try to remember what it would be like without them. Hugs and snuggles from them help a lot too. I love Amelie's dimples. And I'll be looking for those mom jeans at the grocery store!
Cindy you have such a cute family! I love reading your posts! I am sure you look fantastic for having 4 kids. You look better than I did before I had any kids! You make me smile!
I love reading your monthly updates. I can so picture your conversation with Cam. It makes me laugh! Your family is growing and they are all getting cuter every day. I'm excited for Lake Powell!!
I can't help but smile when I read your blog. I absolutely love the darling pictures you post, too! Thanks for letting me hold Amelie for a few minutes, she is delightful with those dimples! Cute family!!! You need to show me how to rock mom jeans, though.
SO now I really know how you feel about my love handles, ..thanks a lot.
Post a Comment