The movie was....well, it was a Scooby Doo movie, but I think I have discovered how the Mystery Incorporated series came up with the physique for two of its most important characters: Daphne and Velma. These two women semi-define the pre and post marriage physique.
There was Daphne, long red hair flowing in the breeze, accessorized to the hilts and dressed for camp in short cutoffs, tying up her cap-sleeve shirt in a halter-like fashion. Cute outfit, cute little body (if you're into the halter top/short shorts kinda thing.)
And then Velma. No need for contacts anymore, hair cut off in a bob, longer sleeves, shorts to her knees and socks pulled high to her calf complete with brown bulky hiking boots on bottom. Modest? Of course. But it seems that we go from "young and hip" to "baggy and saggy." So Warner Bros., you got the body types right, except for one small, very important detail. Velma's boobs are much too perky.
Cam's work handed out a bunch of these at a game, so we took a few home, thinking that maybe the kids might like them. They LOVE them and are their pajamas of choice. No Joke. If they can't find their XL Jazz shirts in their drawers, they are quickly reminding me that I need to do the laundry.
My sister Lisa and I took the kids to Antelope Island for some exploring, playing, and hiking. I used my other camera, which again will not let me load the pictures onto the blog rotated correctly. I apologize in advance for the stiff neck.






Desert blossoms.



Beautiful, no?
Amelie's not too fond of having her picture taken.

Wasatch Mountains across the salty water.


We made some play dough the other day. Here is Josh's creation. It's Voldemort with wand in hand and Nagini draped across his shoulders.



Beautiful, no?
Amelie's not too fond of having her picture taken.
Lisa took this one. I think Ella looks like a snow princess with those rosy cheeks and wild red hair.

Local grazing Bison.
Local grazing Bison.
Wasatch Mountains across the salty water.
Joshua
"When I grow up, I want to be a vegetarian."
Being a parent is tops. One of my favorite things is seeing the kids grow and develop, and viewing how they change over the years. Josh began playing organized sports about 3 years ago. At first he was pretty timid, running on the outskirts of the "soccer pack," and dodging the baseball when it was thrown his way. But now, he's an animal. He started basketball this month and is improving with each game. He's great at rebounding and putting up shots, and guards his opponent like his life depends on it (it drives the other guy crazy!) It's so fun to watch him play! Keep it up!
Cam, Josh and I were playing scrabble the other night and Josh, true to form, grabbed his letters and put the word "fusion" on the board. He even spelled it correctly. He's definitely his father's son.
We made some play dough the other day. Here is Josh's creation. It's Voldemort with wand in hand and Nagini draped across his shoulders.
Daxton
"Mom, I don't want to kill a cow. I want to just ride a bull."
Dax was playing with his friend Travis and this is what I overheard:
"No, no Travis. You can't touch that."
"What is it?"
"It's a pooper jammer."
"Why is it called a pooper jammer?"
"Because it poops, and it jams."
We took the kids skiing up at Wolf Mountain this month. I haven't been on the slopes in over a year (had a baby) so it was great to be able to spend some time with my Dax man on the slopes. Speaking of animals, you should see this little curly headed boy ski! I can barely keep up! He insisted on skiing in the terrain park and loved going up and down the hills.
Ella
"Mom, me and Amelie are having a very hard day in the bath tub."
And
"When I get scared, I make a pose." (and finishes the remark with pointed toes and jazz hands)
And
"Mom, when it's Mother's Day, we can go shopping with dad and you can stay home with Amelie and you can take a shower, watch t.v., shovel the driveway and eat."
My predictions were correct and this little she-devil kicks tail on the slopes. She really enjoyed her first time on the hills, and we enjoyed having her with us!

Here she is making Valentines.

This picture is the epitome of Ella. In a tutu with ski boots, striking a pose.


Me, "Cameron, the baby is getting into the garbage."
Cam, "Yeah, but at least it's edible garbage."
Here she is making Valentines.
This picture is the epitome of Ella. In a tutu with ski boots, striking a pose.
Cutting, twiriling, writing, drawing, dancing, and changing her clothes about fifty times a day. Is this normal? Truthfuly, we're talking at least 7 outfits a day. She generally refuses pants of any kind, and instead opts for dresses, skirts, tutus or her purple "princess" dress. Her new favorite thing is to put a "classical" cd in the player, turn up the volume and dance "ballet." In fact, she's doing that right now with outfit #2. She just told me she needed a prince to dance with and has returned with "Prince Panda," as she holds his little paws and twirls around the living room. Wow, I'm in trouble.
Amelie
Can this baby get any cuter? With those chubby thighs, curly hair, dimples and baby jibberish. Makes my heart melt. Really, I can't get enough of her (except those 4 am give me another bottle sessions. I'm kinda tired of that one.) However, aside from those early awakenings, she's pretty much a dream. I'm pretty sure that this baby girl has had enough of my kisses.
Cameron
Me, "Cameron, the baby is getting into the garbage."
Cam, "Yeah, but at least it's edible garbage."
Cam spoke in Church last week. His topic was enduring to the end (which, being married to me, he's having a lot of practice with...) He did great and touched on a topic that I think comes very natural to him: Having a Positive Attitude. It gave me a chance to reflect a little on Cameron and the things I like about him. Cam is never one to sulk. He doesn't get offended, and has never held a grudge. If something bad happens to him, he gets over it (quickly too.) It's really a great quality and I need to remind myself of that when I am seeking sympathy from him, only to have the tissue box hurled in my direction (no, not really. But his reaction is very similar to the Geico commercial with the Army Therapist.)
Cindy
Maybe it's the winter blues or lack of Vitamin D, but I feel tired. Maybe it's the fact that two different people on two different occasions asked if I was my sister's mom (seriously?! Do I really look mid 50's?!) I keep getting overwhelmed and depressed, and I'm kinda over it, ya know? I see those women who are constantly happy and upbeat and I wonder how they do it. It seems like I am a constant roller coaster of emotion. Up, down, loop-d-loop..... I see my many blessings and my beautiful, healthy children and realize that I should be bouncing up and down with excitement and joy, but my physical nature tends to compete and win out over my spiritual nature. Guess it's time to get those hormones in check. More Vitamin B? Maybe what I need is a nap......
3 comments:
Sounds like you need another girls night to me! ;) You're kiddos are adorable as usual. Just so you know, Savannah already insists on skirts every day I will allow it so I think it is perfectly normal.
Yes yes yes!!! A girl's night is just the ticket to curb those winter blues! And Sydney has taken to carrying a purse around on her arm as she scoots around the house, so I am pretty sure that girls come hard-wired for that kind of stuff.
LOve your blog! It always brings a chuckle to my belly. So true about velma and daphne. I think your onto something there.
Post a Comment