Makes you indescribably happy, doesn't it?
Where was I? Oh yes, acting like complete fools. I'm not sure I can even express what a foolish mother is. I would like to point fingers at those moms who completely lose it on their kids in the checkout lines at Walmart, but as I have been one of those moms, perhaps I should avoid the hypocrisy. I have written out and then deleted about four other scenarios of foolish motherhood, but who am I to judge? I don't know your circumstance or story. Perhaps we should all just do more things that score us "good mom points" and try to cut out the guilt we so often prescribe ourselves when we don't.
Joshua
Slap some braces on that boy!
Josh's turn to put the star on top.
I really like Josh. Just this morning we were singing Mika's "Grace Kelly" together while Cam yelled to us from the kitchen, "That song is horrible." The great thing about Josh is he is so much like his dad: very smart, witty, serious, into sports and a lover of our Nation's history. The great thing about Josh is he is so much like me: completely random.
Josh has done many things this past month that have caused me to smile upon him. For example, Daxton came home from school one day telling Josh that Santa does really come through our chimney, but instead it's our parents that leave the presents. (Curse you Sara at school who sits on Dax's table!) So Josh replies, "Dax, my friends say the same thing. You can believe what your friends say, or you can believe in Santa. I just think it's more fun to believe."
This year Santa brought Josh a "real" NFL football, and some cleats to match.
Daxton
Quite the mop.
I don't think it's humanly possible for Daxton to talk in a "normal" voice. If you are laughing, it's because you have heard this boy speak. Daxton asked for a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, in "the voice" to which Josh replied; "Mom, what is with that voice? Where did it even come from? It's like he's sucked on helium or something." It's almost as if he thinks he's a cartoon character and has to talk in this high pitched tone that's a combo of baby talk mixed with Mickey Mouse.
Pulling out his list to show Santa.
This year Santa brought Daxton a remote-controlled airplane. It even takes pictures and video clips while flying overhead. Rather entertaining.
Dax quote of the month,
"Mom, can I have one of those candies with a pause button on the i?"
Ella
This is almost always a morning occurence.
I am beginning to learn what girls are all about (you think I would already know, because I am one, but that is besides the point.) My neighbor made an excellent analogy the other day. He said that girls are like cats and boys are like dogs. Girls are like cats in that they are loving, like to snuggle, but every now and then their claws come out and they trash your drapes and the side of your couch. Boys are like dogs. Need to roll around, wrestle and knock over the furniture. True, right?
Ella loves to perform and constantly pulls a throw pillow or two from the couch and makes Cam and I a "seat" with them, so we can watch her performance. It ranges from a puppet show behind the couch, to a dance performance, to her singing a song about Jesus. Trutthfully, it's one of my favorite things.
Ella is also enjoying our visits with Aunt Evelyn. If you ever would like to meet one of the most amazing people on the planet, call me and we can visit her together. Evelyn is my grandma's sister, and she is phenomenal. Ella just adores her. Everyone adores her, really. Evelyn is one of those special people who can make you feel so loved and important. All it takes is her hand in yours and with just one little squeeze you know she loves you.
Evelyn made this out of her old jewlery. Isn't she amazing?!
Amelie
"Amelie, what cereal do you want?"
"Dis"
"Do you want juice or milk?"
"Kilk"
She repeats the last word of your sentence too.
"Josh, put on your shoes!"
"Shoes!"
"Dax, please turn off your show."
"Show!"
When she wakes up in the morning, she always asks,
"Errs LaLa?"
"Ella is still asleep."
"Errs Dax?"
"He's downstairs with Josh, should we go see your brothers?"
"Uh huh."
She's a riot and keeps us laughing.
Offering her candy cane to Santa.....
Then psyching him out as she puts it in her own mouth for the picture.
Santa brought Amelie a new shopping cart with "pretend" food inside. She loves to make us meals with her new goodies and watch us pretend eat them. I don't have a picture of this because, let's be honest, she's the 4th child and is more often than not forgotten.Cameron
Yes, Daxton took a pretty nice crotch shot, but it still screams "love" to me.
Cam dancing with his girls.
Do you know what's great? Being married to someone who knows you better than you know yourself. Sometimes it ticks me off, "Cindy, you and I both know you are never going to do that," but most often it's a good thing.Cam got me some great gifts this year, two of which were cds: "Florence and the Machine" and "Adelle". All he had to do was listen to one song by each artist, and he knew that I would love it. And he's right. I LOVE that music. He even picks out clothes that not only fit me perfectly, but also look pretty good and are 100% my taste. I have told Cameron on more than one occasion how perfect we are for each other. This isn't to say that there are no arguments, or finger pointing, but for the most part life with this guy is pretty hunky-dory. (it only took 11 years of marriage to get to this point. Smiley face)
Cindy
Christmas morning in all my glory. I would suggest not clicking on the above photo to zoom in.
Ally and I at Ogden's Christmas village. She made her hat! So cute....
I have had many, many people say to me that I am "so thin." Now for most people, this sounds like a compliment. However, they don't say it like a compliment, they say it like this:
"You are so thin."
It's as if they've dipped their words in vinegar, added some foul eggs, and then deliverd their blow,
"You are sooooo thin."
If you ask someone who is thin,
"Do you ever eat?"
It's like asking a fat person,
"Do you eat all the time?"
I have been thin my whole life. I don't gain weight. "Flat chest, bean pole," Those words were my elementary and junior high companions.
The only time I have ever had meat on my bones was when I was either A: pregnant, or B: breastfeeding. And even then, I was barely a B cup.
In December I even had my own family question if I was "healthy" or not, because I am thin and I looked worn out (but it is December, only the craziest month of the year. Pretty sure we all looked a bit worn out.) I know it was out of love and concern, and I truly appreciate that. I appreciate that I have family looking out for me, it's just tough to be told that I look sick by other people, then told that I look sick by those whom are closest to me.
No worries though, I had blood work drawn and I am 100% normal (that's according to my blood work, people. Haven't yet been to a psychologist.)
Others have thought (and even asked) if I have an eating disorder. Thank you grandma, but no, I do not. Even a close friend once said, "So and so asked me if you ever ate, but I know you do because I see it with my own eyes...."
Yes, I do eat. And no, I don't throw it up afterward. That's disgusting.
My doctor and physical therapist both said that I have been blessed with a high metabolism.
It is obvious that I have issues about my weight (don't we all?) You may be wondering, "So, what do I say to someone who is thin?" Try something like:
"Wow, that shirt looks great on you,"
or
"Do those legs go all the way up?"
It's allright, I'm more or less over it.
So the next time someone says to me,
"You are so thin."
My reply will be,
"I am thin, aren't I! Man I'm lucky!"
2 comments:
Simply put, I love your blogging Cindy. You aren't afraid to just put it out there and I admire that. And you're darn funny too! I consider myself lucky to call you one of my besties!
Cindy, I have to say that while I'm not quite as slim as you, I've had the same problems. Especially while being pregnant. I finally told some friends that it hurt my feelings the way they talked to me about being so small. I told them I would never say anything that would make them feel bad about the way they look and I would hope they would never want to say anything to make me feel that way either.
Post a Comment