Blog Archive

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Moab May

There are those moments as a mother when you are completely overwhelmed and utterly exhausted.  Most occur after having a baby.  Your poor little body is so tired and worn from birthing that child, but your work has just begun.  Nursing, changing, bathing, burping, laundry, clean house, dinner, etc.  And the sleepless nights don't help any.  You are good for about 2-3 days, and can run on sheer adrenaline, though you have not slept more than 5 hours.  Then day 4 hits and you hit the "crazy lady" stage.  You look at your spouse with your frizzy hair and mascara-run eyes and scream, "I'm just so exhausted!  I can't keep doing this!"  And if he's smart, he will tell you to go lie down for a few hours while he holds the screaming child and tries to apease it with a pacifier.  If he's not smart, he will generally get something thrown at him.

Well, my baby is 2, so I can't use that as my excuse for "crazy lady" syndrome.  I'm not menopausal yet either.  PMS, well yeah, that contributed.  But last week was pretty rough.

Cam had been out of town for most of the week, and I was tired.  With the stress and fatigue from moving, packing, the kids unpacking while I am packing, cleaning, plus having to deal with all the stresses and worry of finding a rental, a low appraisal coming in, storage unit, new school info for the kids, etc, etc.  I was worn out. The kids sense that change is on the horizon, and have thus acted accordingly with lots of whining and lots of tears.  With Josh, it's buckets of attitude.

This past week I had a particularly long day.Cam was out of town and it was finally bed time and I had hit my limit.  We had just said family prayers and the kids were all begging (whining) for me to read them a story.  I started to tear up a little.
"Guys, I can't do it tonight.(yawn) I am exhausted. (yawn)  I really need to just go to bed."

They (meaning Josh and Ella) continued to whine and plead as I continued to give them the same response, I just needed to go to sleep.

Dax looked up at me with those big brown eyes, took me by the hand and said,
"Mom, come on.  I'm going to tuck you into bed."

Cue the waterworks.  The tears poured and I told Dax that was exactly what I needed.  He is such a sweet and tender hearted little boy.  He always senses when my bucket is empty, and knows just what to do or say to fill it back up again.  It's those precious moments that make motherhood the best job in the world.

On a more upbeat note, this past month we were able to do our yearly "Spring Moab" trip. I don't think we have ever hit Moab with better weather than we had.  It was beautiful, the breeze blowing in the day to keep us cool, then dying down at night so we could sleep peacefully.  Plus we had great friends with us, the Harris family met us there from Colorado.  Cam and Tom have been friends since Cam moved to Sandy in 5th grade so it was a blast to meet up again and relive old memories while our kids played. 

Here are some pictures from our grand adventure:
I think those are banana peels....
Ella and Dax ripping it up on the rock.  This was our campsite.  Sweet, right?!


Ruby and Amelie.  The best of friends, and the worst of enemies.  These two are like oil and water.  It's quite entertaining to see them bicker at one another.

Smile! Each family took turns making dinner. We did hot dogs, and were severely out-performed with Jocelyn's taco salad: complete with mango, avocado, and lemon for your drink.  Who does avocado while you're camping?!  Jocelyn does.  She is one amazing chick!
Jocelyn and I hiking with the kids while the dads biked.  Josh, Danny and Sequoia ran ahead and got lost.  Thankfully some rangers found them and through small miracles, we were able to drive and pick them up.  Prayer is such a blessing.

The scenery from our hike.  Utah, I love you.
Jocelyn and Ruby.

Look at those eyes!


Swimming at Ken's lake.  If you have ever been in really really cold water, take that water and drop it by 10 degrees, that's how cold this water was.  Some were brave enough (crazy enough) to jump in.
Above: Kendall and Kelli running into the icy depths.
Jocelyn.  Pretty sure she is numb and still trying to catch her breath...
This is how Ella poses for a picture.


Kendall and Josh whippin out some karate kid
I love this boy.  Check out his fro!

Hiking to Corona arch

Getting closer....
 Talk about multiply and replenishing the earth!  Our kids with the arch in the background.  Even covered in sand with no bath for a week, these kids are pretty darn cute.
The Harris Family 
Eggertz Clan

Josh

Josh finished his soccer season with flying colors. It's so fun to watch as their team has improved game by game.  He finished the last half of his last game as goalie and made save after save.  This kid is a stud and will jump and dive to grab that ball. This could be his last soccer season, as next fall he wants to try football.

Coach Spackman and "Poison Ivy"


Josh also had his 4th grade program this month, all about UTAH (only the greatest state in the U.S) He was able to show us all the work he has done over the past month for his county project on Wasatch County.  We were excited for him to get this county, and spent a couple nights in Midway showing Josh all that Wasatch County had to offer, in hopes that it may help with his low excitement level for moving.  Skiing, lakes, hiking, mountains everywhere.  When we were driving home we asked Josh what he thought about living there, to which he replied:
"I think it's going to be fun"
Cha--ching!


Wasatch County Display

That's Josh with the enormous hat

Aunt Evelyn joined us for Josh's program

Nana came for the fun too!
Josh also earned his Bear this month.  Yeah for scouting!

Daxton

Dax had his kindergarten program as well.  This boy loves to sing and ham it up for mom.  With each song he would look at my face to see if he was making me laugh and smile.  Such a funny boy.

Daxton getting his trophy, he was so excited.

Daxton's team, the "Green Tigers"

Soccer season ended for this little boy too.  The "Green Tigers" had a fun season, and Daxton scored goal after goal.  I think he has soccer skills in his blood, maybe it's the hair......
After much pleading, Dax was able to finally ride his bike to school with his best friend, Logan.

Break out the popsicles, Summer is here!

Ella
Ella's preschool teacher let each student pick a blossom from her yard.

Preschool is complete, and her program did not disappoint! Jody Cyr was able to teach Josh, Dax, and Ella.  She is a wonderful lady, we love her!

Close those legs Ella! Amelie really, really wanted to be part of the program.

Nana Trish and Aunt Evelyn joined for the fun.

Ella really, really loves her great, great Aunt Evelyn

Ready for Kindergarten in the Fall!
Amelie

Words can't really describe the joy this little chubs brings, but these pictures give you a pretty good idea.

Sitting down, enjoying Ella's program

Filthy dirty and all tuckered out, driving home from Moab

Showing us her big tummy at the lake

She must have gotten a hold of my camera at Josh's soccer game.  There were about 50 shots of her feet, here are 2.  Look at those chubby digits!


Totally love this girl!

Cameron

Cam got home from a weekend with friends, left out of town the following Monday for work, then came back from Montana with a fever of 107.  After taking him to the instacare, we found out he had both strep throat and............wait for it.................Mononucleosis. That's right ladies and gentlemen, 33 years old and Mono.  Bit ironic that he comes home from a work excursion and ends up with mono, but we'll chalk it up to coincidence.  :)

I have only seen Cam that sick one other time, and that was when he was hospitalized in Belgium.  Generally I know it's pretty serious when Cam asks for a blessing.  Apparently Mono involves a pretty serious sore throat, so sore in fact that he couldn't even swallow (had to spit into a cup.)  It was rough on the poor boy.  Luckily, it was only about a week, then he was back on his feet again.
Tuning up Daxton's new mountain bike

This girl loves her dad, climbs in his lap before work.

Cindy
So, if I wasn't exhausted when I started writing this post, I am exhausted now.  Trying to care for Cameron, and pack up everything on my own, keep the kids occupied, end of school stuff, plus did I mention they are framing our house now too?  Ha ha.  Keeps us on our toes.  We plan on closing on June 7th, and will head up to the little cabin for the Summer.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

So miss you all. It was fun to have my cute little redhead in class for a visit!!!! I love that girl. xoxoxoxo