Blog Archive

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jumpin' June


Well, we’ve gone from one crazy month to another.  Our Clover Meadow home was all packed up and ready to go (thanks again to amazing neighbors who helped clean, even scrubbing nasty toilets. That’s love people.)  We moved what we needed to the cabin: clothes, plastic dishware and a few toys, and the rest to a couple storage units.  Cam went in on June 7th to sign the closing documents, only to discover that the buyers of our buyers home had not closed on their loan yet, and therefore, we could not close on ours.  We waited a week only to be told the loan was in “underwriting” when what really happened was the buyers bought a truck after putting an offer down and totally messed up their credit.  So, the home is back up on the market and our stress level has once again increased to unhealthy levels.  Ha ha.  But aside from making not one, not two, but three house payments, life is pretty good. Countin' every penny people!

Let’s talk cabin, shall we?  We’ll start outside and check out the views.    From the front porch you see chocolate and brown spotted horses grazing in the pasture, brightly colored hot-air balloons rising in the east.  And around back, snow-capped Timpanogos.  All so breathtaking!  Now, add the smell of cow manure and the picture is complete.  I wish I could paint.  There have been so many times that I have wanted to permanently capture the scenery with oil, but a photograph will have to suffice until I take some lessons. I live in a postcard people!  

Now, a little stroll inside the cabin.

If you have a love for the great outdoors and love fish, bear, and horns plastered to your walls, then the cabin is the place for you! It is small, quaint, and dishwasher free. What am I saying? I have 3 dishwashers in the form of Josh, Dax, and Ella! Ha ha. Here are some pictures before we moved in, so imagine it currently similar to this, but with every nook and cranny filled with either barbies, VHS movies, or crayons and coloring books. That’s right folks, no tv for us, just 100% Disney VHS. I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty sweet. Get your Disney on!


the "Master Suite"

Amelie's Room


Dax and Ella bunk bed buddies

We put a bed in here and made it a room for Josh

Front Room

Kitchen.  I use that term loosely.  That's the owner, Millie, showing us around.

Nope, that's not a closet. The one and only bathroom.


So, if you are in our neck of the woods, please pay us a visit.  We can have some good conversation and munch on fresh curd from the cheese factory across the street.  Ha ha. I love it here.

Joshua

I thought I had at least a good 3 years until I had my eldest screaming at me, terms like “I hate it here,” and “I want to go home,” but alas, this past month has proven otherwise.  I’m not going to lie, it’s been rough (he and I both) and tears have been shed (he and I both.)  But, he’ll adjust and I have no doubt that he will love it here (either that, or I’m sending him to military camp.  Ha ha.  I’m not kidding.)

On a happy note, we were able to have Josh’s best friend Tate spend two nights with us at the cabin.  We loved having him, such fun!  Then we traveled back down to Kaysville the next week as Josh received his religious knot from cub scouts. 
Tate made Josh these paper "claws"


Josh receiving his religious knot

Last day of school party, hosted by the Taylors


Tate and the kids on top of Memorial Hill.  We were told there were scorpions if you flipped over the rocks, but we didn't find any.


Daxton
Daxton has found his favorite part of Midway, fishing.  He loves loves it.  And only a quick bike ride away!
Below, Daxton dressed up as the Stig at Shera's house


Dax spent the night at Shera's house, and chose clothes from his cousin's wardrobe. This is the outfit he chose to wear that day.  Yes, complete with bike gloves and sunglasses.


June was also fun with a visit from our cousins from Arizona!  We traveled to “Wheeler Farm,” snorted with the piggies, looked through some historic pioneer homes, and rode on a tractor-pulled wagon around the farm grounds.  It was a good time.  Thanks for the fun Grandma Holly!


Ella asked what those things were hanging down from the cow. I told her it's where the milk comes from that we drink each day, to which Ella replied,
"I am never drinking milk again in my life."

Poor hot mother goose.  She was withering away in the hot sun, protecting her eggs.  That's love people. I wanted to offer her a drink of water, but I feared she would bite my fingers off. 


Ella

Ella could keep herself taken care of and entertained for weeks without troubling a soul.  However, your house will be in shambles. She is my little creative genius.  She’ll cut long strands of grass to weave “carpets,” pick up leftover pieces of wood and nails from the construction site to make a “clubhouse for the cat,” and walk across the street so she can “sketch the horses.” 100% stud.
Jumping on the trap in your pajamas.  Does life get any sweeter?

Ella made us a "picnic" while we cheered on the RAGNAR competitors running in front of the cabin.  


The boys fished, Ella opted to play in the mud.

Swimming with her brother Dax.  They discovered the swim caps.

Ella left this in front of our bedroom door one night.  She drew Cam, me and herself in the middle.  Plus added her dance picture to make it complete.  Ha ha.  Love it.

Amelie

Does anyone want to potty train my 2 year old?  I give up.  I’ll make it worth your while. I can even reward you with cheese curd, or something.  But if I have to clean out poopy underwear one more time, I might have a nervous breakdown. 
Poopy pants or not,  how can you get mad at this face?  Oh, she's a cutie.

Pulling a silly face.

Cam was stretching, Amelie joined in the fun.

I love kissing those dimple cheeks!

My little mis-matched floatie fish!  She loves the water.

Cameron

The mono is getting better, though it sill manifests itself from time to time.  Like during sacrament meeting, or Sunday school.  Truthfully though, it’s weird to see Cameron physically exhausted.  It will hit him, and he has to lay down and take a nap.  Actually, I think I have mono.  I think I’ve had it for 12 years now. 
Ella with Cam.  She made him a necklace.

(I love you...)

Ella handed this package to Cam when he was sick, and said "Happy Sickness."

Inside the package were graham crackers.

Cameron with our amazing contractor, Justin Budge, up at Granpa Page's cabin.

Cindy

 My anxiety is doing it’s thang and my muscles are all in knots. Ha ha.  Pretty much, I’m a disaster, but I can’t complain because we are living our dream.  Building a home is stressful, mainly because if this house turns out to be the ugliest house you’ve ever seen, it’s totally my fault.  Cam is awesome, and gave me free reign over all decisions, which is great. But it also means that I am the one making ALL the decisions.  Ugly tile=Cindy’s fault.  Bad exterior colors=Cindy’s fault.  Crummy floor plan=Cindy’s fault.  So far, so good, and our contractor, Justin Budge has gone above and beyond the call of duty.  We feel so blessed to be in such a beautiful place, among wonderful people.  
Well, there aren't really any pictures of me this month, but here are some of me showing Kelli some dresses that might work for bride's maids. 
Do you like this one?

Or this one?

Oh, that black cinch is a nice look.

Here are all the grandkids at Grandpa Page's cabin.  Dinner is served!

I went for a bike ride and had to stop to take a photo. Seriously people, move here.

Our house, it's made of wood.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hey Cindy! So, when I bumped into you at the library last winter, you told me you were building a house in Midway--looks like it's coming along well! I would love to get in touch with you--we are starting to think seriously about possibly following you up there--just can't find anything "down in the valley" that we agree on. If you have a minute to send me an email, I'd love to chat sometime. My husband met with a developer yesterday, I think in your new neighborhood. mindyhardy@gmail.com thanks and good luck!

Kayleen said...

Love your blog. It's great to see each child individually. Josh will come around. The tween years are difficult and just when you feel like you're through, another child is that age. Hang on for the ride of your life! And you thought building a house was rough! Sending lots of love and hugs your way. {{HUGS}}