A mile up, a mile down. Needless to say he may become quite the little biker. Let's quickly contrast Dax and Josh, shall we? Josh rides up Memorial Hill as punishment, where Dax asks if he can go on a bike ride up Memorial Hill. To each their own, I suppose.
We had our summer vacation this month as well, camping at Maple Canyon. It was a great time, with excellent company. The Harris family once again joined us, as well as the Sander's from Kaysville and the Chamberlain's from Heber. The climbing was great, and the kids had a wonderful time. No casualties=success!
Here are some pictures from our weekend excursion:
Amelie and I going for a walk
Big brother, by "Pipeline"
The kids playing and hanging out at "Billy the Kid"
Sequoia and Avery. Love those girls!
Cam on his way back down
Ella heading for the chains.
I need to set some rules down about how close you can be to mom while taking her picture camping......sheesh
Amelie and Ella playing on the "teeter totter" (a log balanced between 2 trees. Playground wilderness style)
Jocelyn "kick butt" Harris repelling some kids. Seriously, she'll kick your butt. Watch out for this one.
Ella and Avery
Ella again. She always climbs higher than her brothers. Girl power!
Dirty-faced beauty.
Riding in the Sander's truck up the canyon.
At the top, what a cute (and dirty) family! (glad you couldn't smell us at this point, it was day 4 people)
Ella found a butterfly.
Ella bella grinding "wheat" between two rocks so she could make some bread.......
......didn't work out so well, but its the thought that counts.
I love the boy and am just calling this "a phase." I figure being torn from your friends right as summer begins, having all your stuff packed away in a storage unit and moving to a place where you know no one is definitely reason to stew......a little. But not all Summer, come on!! No worries, we'll get back on track eventually.
Our eldest turned 10 this month. Holy moly, double digits. Yet another subtle reminder that I am getting old.
New sunglasses and camelback from Mom and Dad
He's a handsome kid. Even in a wife beater.
Not sure when he took this one...love those eyes! Just like his dad's. Kinda lookin' like puberty is on the horizon.....
Daxton
Dax and Ella competed in a mountain bike race up at Soldier Hollow this past month. They loved it, and loved the thrill of competition. They both did a great job. Dax completed all 3 laps, Ella opted for just one. :)
Before the race
Ready, set, go!!
Dax going for another lap
A bit tired and a little red in the face. Job well done!
Dax is his own little person. Easy going, relaxed, laid back. Does his own thing, dances to the beat of his own drum, as illustrated below:
Yep, all ready for church and decides to slap on some rollerblades and safety goggles and go for a spin. And yep, he wanted to cut the curls.
Dax also earned enough money to purchase a pocket knife off the internet. Yep, there's those safety goggles again. Ooh I love that boy.
Ella
Ella Bella is our best eater. She has really been on a "healthy" kick this month, asking to go for a jog, and making sure to eat healthy. She woke one morning asking if she could make herself a "healthy breakfast." This is what she came up with.
This girl loves loves to swim. We have spent many an hour at the neighborhood pool this summer, enjoying the water and the beautiful scenerey!
She's a beauty!
This is where you can find Ella each morning, on the couch with coloring books, paper, crayons, markers and colored pencils.
This cabin came complete with a "chess table." Dax and Ella learned the rules from Josh, and have been playing all summer long. And yes, when they play me I still have to ask them which direction each piece can move......little smarty pants.
Amelie
Now that she talks, she doesn't stay quiet for long. This girl will talk your ear off, and loves to demonstrate all the words she knows. It's pretty great. She has also become quite the little dancer. She can't sit still! At the dinner table especially, she has to stand up on the bench, shake her hips and wave her little arms in the air. Amelie also enjoys the occasional somersault and twirl on one foot.
This little chubs also savors every moment in the water.
I laid this chica down in the trailer to take a nap while we were camping. After a LONG while, she finally fell asleep. This is what I found when I went in to check on her......cuddling with the cheetos.
Amelie having some 4th of July BBQ at our friends, the Drury's house.
Feeding the goats and piggies across the street.
Cameron
Cam's great. He's been biking to and from work occasionally. Yep folks, he goes up and over Guardsman's Pass to get to work. Hard core. I think he's doing a lot better this year at his training for LOTOJA. I really hope he does well and improves over last year's time..........and that he doesn't die.
I'm not even being sarcastic, I really think he looks super attractive in this one.
Photographic evidence of the "mono."
Cindy
I'm good too. I keep trying to find some kind of flaw, something negative about our new residence here in Midway, but 3 months in, and I still can't find anything to complain about. The landscape? Beautiful. The people? Beautiful. Completely down to earth, with great kids and strong testimonies. The cabin? Okay, I wouldn't mind a dishwasher. In fact I dreamt about a dishwasher last night. I put the silverware in, and it washed it for me! They came out all shiny and clean. Good dream.
Climbing in Maple Canyon has once again instilled the climbing bug in me. I love it. I think I may have been made to climb: lanky figure+arms that are too long for my body=killer climber. So, I may join the local climbing gym up here so I can put my husband to shame, I mean so I can get in shape, yeah, that's it.
Me and the kids on the 4th.
With the cabin in the background.
Haha. Funny, right? We are practicing reading words with Ella. This one happened to be in the kitchen, and apparently with all the cows around there are lots of......you guessed it...........flies.
Look at my posterity! Good lookin' bunch. Doesn't Josh look happy?! Yep, he's worn that expression all Summer long. 'Bout ready to smack that expression off his face.

No comments:
Post a Comment