Blog Archive

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Bird, Bird, Bird is the word

In case you're debating whether or not to get chickens of your own, I thought I would post these pictures to offer some motivation.  My kids LOVE the chickens.  Fun pets, plus you get something delicious, edible, and totally healthy from them!  Love it.  It teaches your kids WHERE things come from (not just from the store).  It teaches them to work.  It teaches them to care for something besides themselves.  And when the cousins come to visit, you can play "Chase the chickens."  I think my favorite part of the whole evening was hearing Kenny cry out, "Mom, Mom!  I caught a duck!"















Jack liked to toss them and watch them fly to the ground.  (no birds were injured in the photographs taken.  haha)






My beautiful parents.



Twins?  Almost...


Kenny just got a kick out of those ducks!




 Sisters!


A couple family shots.  Kenny still holding a duck, of course.


Finally Jack joined us.....with a duck.  Shera, you might need to get your boys a duck!

I love this Kelli girl!

No comments: