This is our attempt at a family picture for the Christmas Card. After church one Sunday, I said "Put on a sweater, we're getting this done." So we drove up the street, with the kids (and Cameron) wailing and gnashing their teeth the WHOLE TIME! A quick set up of the tripod, and there ya have it.
You had me at pie.
There are a lot of things about Thanksgiving that are simply wonderful. Friends, family, crisp Autumn air, colorful leaves, gratitude and...................FOOD.
This year's thanksgiving day was celebrated and enjoyed with the Eggertz side of the family. We were blessed to host the entire family this year! What a treat!
We began our day by meeting at the local Midway ice rink. Chris took some fabulous pictures, capturing us skating, scooting, falling, and of course, choreographing our own routines. Great memories!
Next we came back, turned on some football, and put the last finishing touches on the food prep.
Because of our large numbers, we had 3 tables all set up and ready to go.
After dinner, the kids played outside (and got WAY too muddy), then Collin and Ben played a duet on the piano....."Sleigh Ride." It was so wonderful!!
What a fun Thanksgiving we had all together. I LOVE my in-laws.
And don't forget our spread of pies! Yummmmmmy.
Joshua
Josh is slowly figuring out middle school. It's not the confidence or self esteem he is lacking at this very odd and awkward age, but the "responsibility" factor. His grades are suffering, mainly because he forgets and doesn't do his homework. Cam and I are helping him along, and hoping that at some point, it will click for this boy, and he'll start writing in his planner.
Josh had a violin concert this month and nana came and joined us! He did a great job and has come a long way on the violin in just 2 short years. Mr. Lee, Josh's orchestra teacher, is his favorite. Josh has even joined the after school rock band where he is learning drums, lead guitar, and bass.
Josh also went in to get his heart checked out this month. Both Cam and I had to have our hearts worked on with Ventricular Tachycardia. We feel that Josh may have the same thing. Still waiting for the results.
Daxton
This month Daxton's class did a Veterans day performance. It tugged at your heart strings, as the veterans from around the valley were invited to not only attend in uniform, but stand at attention as the kids sang the song from their branch of service. It made your heart swell with appreciation to these brave men and women, and also brim over with pride for our country. So thankful for a school that teaches my son to appreciate the servicemen of our country.
Dax with his cute teacher, Miss Kelly.
Dax also had his pinewood derby this month. His "shark car" did very well and won lots of races!
Turkey leftovers. Of course Dax wanted the Leg. That boy is a hoot.
Ella
Ella had her first violin recital with her new teacher, Miss Megan. Collin was amazing, and accompanied sweet ella while she played "Allegro" and "Perpetual Motion."
Ella entered the reflections contest this year. Her entry was, "The world would be a better place with a little more Purrrr." She won for the "3 dimensional art" category, and was able to attend the pizza party where she got her arm (not her face) painted by Soda Pop, the clown.
The girls like to skate together.
Ella LOVES LOVES babies, especially holding her little cousin Johnny. And I had to include this poem I found that she wrote about Santa Claus.
Amelie
Amelie and Joey continue to spend AT LEAST one or two days a week in each other's company. Lately they have enjoyed playing "Christmas" together, where they put on Santa hats and fill all the stockings with whatever they can find in the pantry. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Joey decided to sit with us for the Daxton's Veteran day performance at the school.
Amelie also LOVES her new baby cousin. We snuck up to Shera's one day. Amelie helped with the baby while I gave Shera a hand by cleaning her bathrooms.
Some days Amelie and I go out to lunch together. Best lunch date ever! We sit and eat, and talk about letters, preschool, our favorite colors, etc.
Amelie also entered reflections this year. Her watercolor was, "The World would be a better place if.....I had a dog." No joke. This girl wants a dog BAD!
Looks like Amelie found the red lipstick. Joey said it looked "beautiful" on her.
And of course, Amelie is ALWAYS ready to lend a hand.
Cameron
He won't be thrilled that I'm posting this picture, but he's just so darn cute, I just had to.
Cam and I celebrated our 14 year anniversary this month. We went out to dinner in Park City and then saw "Interstellar." I love dates with this boy.
Cindy
Time is going by so quickly that I know I'm going to miss these kids growing up. Life is changing, we will soon have a "teenager," and I just keep praying to Heavenly Father that He will help me to slow down and cherish the time I have with these kiddos. Main reason I keep this blog going is so that years from now, when I'm old and lonely, I can look through our "blog books" and remember all the great times we had together.
I straightened my hair this month (had to fill my once a year quoto.) The girls weren't big fans, although Ella did want to brush it.
Loved spending the day with my beautiful sister Shera. She truly is one of my best friends.
I really wish I could paint. I am surrounded by beauty in this valley everyday and feel so grateful to be here.
I got home from Shera's house and missed holding a baby.....so I held the bunny instead. :)
I once again helped George Handrahan sell his AMAZING paintings at the Zions Bank Art Show in Salt Lake City. It is always such a fun night. I look forward to it every year!
Cam and I worked together to finish the walkway this month. Even though those cursed stones broke my toe, I couldn't let them get the better of me.
Some may call owning chickens "white trash" (dad, I am referencing you here,) But I LOVE our birds. Some days I think that I really belong on a farm.
And finally, some more of the activities we've been up to this month. I had no idea we were so busy, what good times we have!
The kids and I went to Salt Lake City while Cam was out of town, and visited my folks in their new condo downtown. We went to the Capitol Building, and visited the mall too! The kids LOVED the disney store.
I capture the girls watching a clip of Alladin in the Disney store, with their arms around each other.
We also walked through Macy's and the girls got to write a letter to Santa!
Had to include the picture of all 3 cats (2 are ours, one is the neighbors who pretty much just lives here). They are all huddled together on the heating pad. Roomies. I love it!!
The kids and I also traveled to Meredith Hendricks Letter Press shop "Winnie Press," here in Midway. She showed the kids how her vintage letter press worked, and then we felted our new nativity set with wonderful Nancy from "Wacky Woolies." Such a treasure!
Each of the kids chose a person, created them, and then will share how they feel that person felt when Jesus was born on, when we read the story of Christ's birth this Christmas Eve.
We had Tom and Jocelyn and the Harris family drop by for a visit! We love them so much. We had some chicken noodle soup, salad, then headed to the rink for some ice skating. Great times. Let's do it again soon!
As the month came to a close, we once again drove to Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple Square with the Thredgolds! It was beautiful, and Nana Trish handed out her Christmas pajamas to all the grandkids that night. What a special evening!
Ella and Amelie had their dance recital this month too. It was also a veterans performance, and every song and dance was a tribute to our veterans and our country. Sonnet Remund of "Rhythmik Dance" is a wonder. Such a great and talented gal.
And the last weekend of the month we loaded up in the car and headed to Hanna, Utah to find our perfect Christmas tree. It is such a fun activity. We found a beauty. Another tall tree this year!
All tuckered out for the drive home.
And yes, this tree tipped over too. In fact, it nearly landed on Ella. We finally decided to tether it to the wall, and it did the trick!



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment