Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Birthday and a Baptism

Our sweet Ella Bella was baptized January 3rd, 2015.  It was such a special day filled with family, friends, and the Spirit.

Our new bishop, Bryan Willetts, conducted the meeting.  Nana Trish spoke on Baptism.  She had Lisa, Shera, Kelli and myself write little notes about what we remembered from our baptism.  Ella was blessed to wear the same dress that all of us were baptized in, made by our Grandma Donna.

As Ella stepped into the water with her dad, my heart was overflowing with love for my sweet little girl, and gratitude for a husband that lives worthy of his priesthood power, so he can perform these blessings and covenants that set my kids on the path to return to their Heavenly Father.  I believe in this power. I have seen it perform miracles, and I feel the Spirit when I bear testimony of it.

After the baptismal prayer, Ella was immersed by water.  She gave her dad a hug, and I walked to meet her at the top of the stairs.  She was cold (both the water and changing room were rather chilly!)  But as she came to the top of the stairs, and looked up at me with those green eyes, she looked almost angelic.  I wanted to just squeeze her!  But she was so wet and cold, so I quickly put her cheeks in my hands and put my face close to hers and told her how much I loved her and that she made a good decision today.  She could feel that same Spirit that I was feeling.  It's a picture in my mind that I pray never fades!

We started changing her out of her wet things, and Shera came into the dressing room to join us.  She shared, through some tears, that she may never have an opportunity to help her kids after they are baptized because she has all boys.  It was a special time in that little room.  Sisters, mothers, daughter, all together helping one another, and feeling the Spirit.

I was talking to my kids the other night about times they have felt the Spirit, and what it feels like to them.  Ella shared this experience, when Shera was in that little room with us, as the time she has felt the Spirit the strongest.  She said even though the room was so cold, she felt warm inside and she knew Heavenly Father was happy with her.

We came back into the primary room and Dax, Ella and Amelie sang "I am a child of God," while Josh accompanied them.  It was beautiful.

Next, Grandma Holly spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost.  She did a wonderful job and bore testimony to the power and gift it is, and to live worthy so you can have its constant companionship.

We then came back home and shared a brunch together.  Per Ella's request, we had cinnamon rolls, quiche, crepes, yogurt, and granola.  It was a delicious feast!

I feel so blessed to live around so many members of my family that could come and share that special day with us.  It was a great reminder that we are a covenant people.  That we believe in making and keeping promises with God, and that when we do so, we not only feel the influence of the Holy Ghost in our lives, but take yet another step on our path to return and live in His presence.

Here are some pictures from our special day!













Shera and Jeff spent the rest of the day with us.  The kids sled outside for a while, then we all went and played hockey on Kasey's rink.  Afterward we shared some chinese food and the boys all ate a chinese pepper.  Hot stuff!

Ella also had a birthday party for big NUMBER 8!  We had a "Jamberry" party.  The girls each got their nails done, played pictionary, and did some crafts.  Ella wanted it to be an "Under The Sea" party, which basically means that I got a little mermaid cake and some dolphin plates. haha  She also requested a "candle lit" dinner.  So we had lasagna, grapes, bread, and some mermaid cake for dessert.










I also snagged Ella on her special day and treated her to some lunch at Cafe Galleria.  It was fun to just sit, talk, and spend time together.  Love this Ell Bells!








No comments: