Blog Archive

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Turning Heads in Brussels

Have you ever had those times-at the post office, in the grocery store-where people stop what they are doing to look at you. You think "Man, I must look good today," When it actually turns out you tucked your skirt into your nylons and your butt is hanging out? Well, a similar case holds true here in Belgium. I turn heads wherever I go. No, it's not my killer body (and by killer body, I mean 3 kids has really killed this body). No, it's me toting around 3 kids-the oldest being a 4 year old. I guess in Belgium a double stroller is comparable to a courteous Belgian-you just don't see them very often.

May has been a great month. The sun shined, (briefly) and best of all, my parents came to visit! Hooray! I know what you're thinking. Cindy-you've only been apart for 3 months. Well, it's been a long 3 months! It was wonderful having them visit. I think Josh would agree when I say that Grandparents are the greatest.

Josh is just great. Still growing like a weed. I just checked his percentiles for height and weight, and he is 90th for both. Big kid. I believe that Josh is surpassing his mother in terms of spirituality. He relates everything to the Gospel. For example, the other day we awoke to a horrible storm outside-rain, wind, the works. I said to Josh "Wow, it sure is stormy outside." And he replies "Yeah, maybe Jesus died again." His favorite movie is one that Nana and Grandpa brought over with them. Not Peter Pan or Charlotte's Web, but "The Testaments: of one fold and one Shepherd." He calls it the "Jesus Movie." He's a good kid.

Daxton had a fight with sickness again, but luckily, is better. Tonsilitis this time. He keeps us all laughing. He is actually turning into quite the sweet heart. He is very tender hearted. Dax loves his sister Ella, and whenever he sees a picture of a baby, he always says "la la."(his baby sister.) I hate to admit, but I put Dax on a leash the other day. I was with my friend, Vaitiare, and we wanted to go to the park, but I was without our stroller. So I put Ella on my back (kid-pack) and Dax on a leash. Josh looks at the leash and says "Mom-is this for dogs, or people?" We were quite the spectacle, to say the least.

Ella. It seems to me that daughters make your heart melt. She is great. She is laughing a lot, and her big-gummed-smile makes a smile upon your face as well! Her personality is beginning to emerge, and I think she will be silly like her older brother, Dax. Double trouble.

Cam also was sick this past month. Tonsilitis as well, only Cam doesn't have any tonsils. So, you tell me how that works! Apparently the bacteria grew on the back of his tongue and throat. But with the correct antibiotics, he is back to normal as well. He is currently at an interview for an internship. Keep your fingers crossed!

I am happy. I admit, last week I wouldn't have said so. It was rough with everyone sick, and the constant rain (it rains 300 days a year here. Yes, 300 days a year!) I got pretty depressed. (Sorry to Cam, I was pretty grumpy.) But yesterday I was making cookies for Enrichment and the thought crossed my mind "Cindy, what if you only had a few days left with these children?" I got pretty emotional thinking about having to leave my kids, and have someone else care for them and raise them. Again I realized that a child is a gift from God. He is entrusting me with these precious little people! Everyday is a gift as well and I need to treat it as so. So I am trying to be better.
We pray that all is well in the states and that you are enjoying the nice weather. Hope you have something fun planned for the summer. We love you and love hearing from you!




Okay, I had to add these last two. I take no responsibility with the shoes and the purse-he did that on his own. As for walking around with the box on his head, I guess he takes after his dad.











1 comment:

brit said...

you guys are great! I love all the pictures and stories. I guess motherhood doesn't get any easier even when you are living in a foreign country having the experience of a life time. Don't worry though, a year is not so long, I guess! Your kids are so cute and they are getting soooo big. I can't wait to meet Ella. By the way, did Cam ge the internship???? And, how is the language coming along for you?