Blog Archive

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Halloweening

Poop. Seems like it's everywhere I look. I think our apartment permanently has this poop aroma. Today I changed 6 poopy diapers, that's 6 times I am wiping bottoms (and that doesn't include Josh's or my own. Sorry, too graphic?) Everyone has this stomach bug, and it is taking it's toll.
On that note, Happy Halloween! Belgium doesn't celebrate the holiday, but my good friend Heather lives on the one street in Overijse that does trick or treating. She invited us over on Thursday for a nice dinner of chili and hot dogs, then we were off trick or treating at the homes on her street. It was so fun to see so many different cultures coming together to celebrate this Holiday. Many thank you's, dank u, and Merci. How fun!
This evening the primary threw a Halloween party at the church. It was lots of fun. Josh's favorite game was bobbing for apples-his first time and he loved it! He said he will be in charge of the game for Family Home Evening, so he can do more bobbing. When we were driving home from the activity Josh says to me "Mom, Halloween isn't about the trick or treating or about getting candy, it's about sharing. So you can have this." and he hands me a piece from his loot. Isn't he great?

Josh



























Joshua is doing very well. Cam went to his parent teacher conference on Thursday. They said that Josh is doing great in class and has many friends. They said in another 2 months the language won't even be a problem, so that was encouraging. I am hoping to find a french class at home to enroll him in to keep up the language. He is a great help to me-physically and spiritually! This boy keeps me in line.















Daxton




























Who would have thought that Dax would become such a sweet heart? Certainly not yours truly. But he is growing into a very sensitive and compassionate little boy. He is very polite, always saying please and thank you (even merci to Josh's bus driver everyday). The other day Josh was crying because he hurt himself running into the door, and Daxton was there almost immediately, giving him a hug. He LOVED trick or treating, and didn't want it to end!













Ella




























SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! YEEHAH! I stopped nursing Ella a couple weeks ago, and now that she is on formula, it has done the trick and Cameron and I are enjoying a full nights sleep. It is wonderful! Ella's personality is blooming everyday. She likes to be silly and to make people laugh (especially her brothers.) She is crawling now, and walking around the furniture. She will stand on her own for a few seconds. I think another month or two and there will be one more child for me to chase. I really love this little girl. She is so much fun!






Cam





Cam left for D.C. this morning. He will be there for a week, and we are both excited for this opportunity (though both Cam and I will need some serious R&R after the week is done). School is going really well for Cam, and the semester ends Dec. 17th. He then has 3 hefty papers to write and turn in by Jan. 7th, then his discertation is due in April. He is searching for jobs when he finds a spare minute.








Me
















I am enjoying life. I think I tell Cameron everyday how much I love our kids. Being a mom is the most wonderful thing in the world. I try to enjoy each day I have, because I am quickly learning that time does not slow down. I fear that I will blink, and my kids will be grown with kids of their own! I'm trying real hard to grow up (yes, this is hard for me, I know). It seems that once I feel I have mastered one weakness, I slip up again and have to tell myself that I still have a lot of work to do. Oh well, one day at a time, right?



We plan on coming home January 8th. Cam will stay in Utah for 3 weeks, then fly back to Belgium where he will sell the items in the apartment and write his discertation. I think people think we're crazy for this path we have chosen (and we are) but each time we pray, we feel like we are doing the right thing. As far as a job choice, Cam and I keep praying. We feel like if we do everything in our power to find a job and reach our goals, that everything will work out okay. This past year has been very humbling and we have seen God's hand in everything we do and have. It has been a very memorable year.

No comments: