Blog Archive

Monday, May 04, 2009

Rest and Relaxation



I got my vacation, you know, the one that I have been saying I needed for about 3 months now. It was the everyday tasks that were wearing on me: bathrooms, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. I just needed a little break...and that's just what I got.

My sister and I traveled to Vegas last weekend to spend some time with our brother Scotty, his wife Meghan and their beautiful daughter Audrey. The 5 hour car ride was excellent. Imagine, 5 hours of uninterrupted conversation with your sister! The rest of the vacation was the creme on top. Basically we did nothing for 3 days. Wake up, go back to sleep. Wake up again, read a book for a couple hours. Shower, lay by the pool, take a nap.....you get the idea. Everything was fine and dandy 'til we decided to walk the strip. Note to self: don't walk the strip in Vegas. I suppose it wasn't too horrible. Aside from the billboards with topless ladies dressed as Vampires (yes, "Vampires" the show, a narotic tale, is now playing in Vegas. I wouldn't reccommend it, unless of course you're into that kind of thing....), and aside from the pictures of topless ladies being shoved in your face (seriously, can boobs actually be that big?!) I guess it wasn't too horrible. However, we are travelling to Vegas this weekend with my inlaws, and needless to say, I won't be walking the strip with my little ones.

J is for JOSHUA
We were able to travel to Provo this past month and see the Walter Wick exhibit. Walter Wick is the author/photographer of the "I spy" books. We were able to see Aunt Kelli perform, (doing dances inspired by Wick's work), and were able to meet Walter Wick too! Josh was even selected from the audience to help with the dancers. What a fun night!































D is for Daxton

Dax keeps us laughing. He loves to wrestle, and I must say that he almost has Josh matched. Dax's newest move involves jumping on Josh's back, wrapping his legs around Josh's waist, and tickling him incessently while saying, in his high pitch "tickle" voice, "tickle, tickle. Tickle tickle," until finally Josh cries "uncle." It's very entertaining.

Dax is a little too fearless. Cam was constantly having to "rescue" Dax while rock climbing, because Dax would climb too high and get stuck, or would get too close to a drop off (yeah, that doesn't make me worry at all).

E is for ELLA

Ella and I thoroughly enjoyed our "girl's weekend" together. I fixed her hair all pretty, we painted our nails together, went out to eat, and watched "Ella Enchanted" together. It was great fun, and I know that my Bells really liked the "only child" factor. However, I am VERY glad that this girl has siblings. She was getting quite sassy when she knew she had all the attention. She needs Dax to wrestle her every once in a while to keep her humble.

C is for CAMERON

Cam and I have decided to go for this ski business. The company is based in France, and is called ZAG skis. Cam will deal specifically to North America. He is able to work his current job at Mountain States Networking, while selling. He named his business "Alttitude Sports Distrubution." We are both pretty excited, and incredibly nervous. It could either be a great thing, or we could have a housee full of skis and zero savings.

Cam also runs the Ogden Marathon in 2 weeks. He will do great and I can't wait to cheer him on!

C is also for CINDY

A nice shot of a sport the Thredgold's invented, "Ballerina basketball."

Yes, I enjoyed every minute of my 3 days of bliss. However, nothing quite compares to the joy and happiness you feel from a noisy house filled with dust, fingerprinted windows, and three smiling faces to greet you upon your arrival home.

Truthfully I thought the house would be in shambles when I returned, but much to my surprise and delight, Cam had the house in order, the kids were all happy, and he even made a roast for dinner! How lucky am I?! (I mean seriously, how did I get this boy to marry me?)

5 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Wow, I need a weekend like that away, just maybe not to Vegas. Your family is so cute and you are such a great mom. Cute outfit on Dax, I got the same one for Brayden. Ya gotta love Target Baby!

Marge said...

I love Ella's face in her dress picture - priceless. I'm glad you got some R & R, everyone deserves a little break from the usual. I am so excited to hear about the ski biz - if you need help with anything please don't hesitate to ask. Cam will be great!

Herways Go West said...

I haven't visited for awhile. Just to say 'hi' and let you know that we had a sunny day today, and you KNOW that is news! Glad you had a get-away. Every mom needs that. Kudos to Cam!

dbsbamj said...

Hey Cindy--I love your blog! It is good to see all your smiling faces. Congrats on the weekend away! We miss you!
Beth

Pehrson Family said...

Cindy I love you! I know, such a public place to declare my affection! Anyways - we've got to get together again. Miss you. Las Vegas if okay for a couple of days, eh.