Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

An Egg-head family Christmas

Matching pajamas and the Nativity at Nana Trish's house.

Below, Ogden's Christmas village and a visit with Santa.




Oh there's no place like home for the Holidays.....


Everytime I look at this picture, it's like drinking a cup full of steaming cocoa. It fills me with goodness.





The completed version. Josh added a rock climbing wall to the back, complete with a gummy bear ascending the wall.









Christmas morning.


The kankles have checked in and my belly is exponentially growing. For those of you who may not see me everyday, you may be thinking "yeah right Cindy, I'm sure it's just a cute little basketball belly," to you I say this: "11 pound weight gain in a mere 3 weeks."

As my gut gets bigger, I tend to get the "belly line." For example while washing dishes, it's a line of water across my belly. Rolling out dough, a line of flour. Most days it's just a line of dirt across my shirt from bumping up against all kinds of household furniture or appliances.

I have been pregnant 4 times, and of those 4, have owned a gas stove just once, with this last one. Flour on your belly is thing, but I'm a little fearful that I may soon accidentally light myself on fire. Stop, drop and roll, right?

Joshua

Josh woke up at 5:30 am on Christmas morning. Cam made him wait until 6:30 to go downstairs (with me) then we twisted his arm even more by making him wait until 7:00 to wake up his siblings to start the great gift unwrap.

It was such a great holiday! Nothing beats Christmas time. Having Cameron home more made such a difference (wow, I really like this guy!), and it was so nice to relax and enjoy our little family by playing with their games and toys, and watching a show or two together.
Festival of Trees, Josh's favorite was, of course, the "milk" tree.
Daxton



Is my little boy really turning 5 this year?! Where does the time go? I think I have mentioned more than once how cuddly Daxton is. When he talks to you, he needs to touch your arm, or your hand. He loves to wrap his arms around yours when you read him a story, or place his little feet across your lap. I completely eat it up.
Festival of trees, Dax inside a bubble.
Ella

"This is my baby sister down here," (as she pats my belly),"The baby is not up here. Those are your boobies. I don't have boobies right now. I will have boobies one day when I get bigger."

I am SO excited to see how Ella responds to her baby sister. She is so bedazzled by babies, and adores her little baby dolls. Where does a girl learn to "shush" her baby while bouncing it up and down and rocking back and forth? I swear it's inherent. It will be interesting to see how she responds to her own flesh and blood. I really think it's going to be wonderful.


Ella also turned 3 this month! That means she is just old enough to start sunbeams for the new year. Basically, I conduct up front and Ella holds onto my leg. My little shadow.

We had a princess party for Ella, complete with polly pockets (tiny accessories everywhere!) and a little dollhouse for them to play in (thank you kid-to-kid $2.99).

Cameron
This boy is a fox!
Cam enjoyed a little "European Excursion" this past month. He traveled to France and skied fresh powder in the Alps. Although it was a "business trip" (can I make those quotations any bigger?!), he had the time of his life. The chalet he stayed in was enough to make the trip worthwhile (complete with indoor pool and sauna). Heck, I'd settle for a night alone in the hotel 8. He went to test the new line of ZAG skis for 2011. How is the ski selling going, you ask? Pretty good. He sold another 3 pair today!

Cindy

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and as I'm leaving the office, he reminds me to be careful on the ice. "Your body is getting bigger and it changes your sense of balance quite a bit."
So, being careful not to slip on the ice, I made it home safe and sound........and fell down my stairs. My hands were full of items to take to the basement, and with to traction on my stockings, I slipped and fell, and landed on my left buttock (no worries. remember the 11 pound weight gain? Plenty of cushioning.) The baby is fine, just some hurt pride and a giant bruise on my behind. It was actually a rewarding experience, because as I fell, all 3 kids ran to my side to help me up. Josh kept asking if I was okay, then added "I hope the baby is all right. It probably made her kinda dizzy."
Wow, dem is some good lookin Thredgolds. Happy new year, 2010!!

5 comments:

Widiger Family said...

Beautiful, beautiful family. I love reading your updates and can totally picture you telling the story. Everybody is growing and the family is getting bigger too. Gotta love the Eggertz family!!
I'm so sorry you felt down the stairs, but am glad that everything is ok. How cute to have your children rush like that to you :)
2 weeks before Kyrill was born I feel down/on the stairs too as I was coming downstairs after the shower, kids were asleep so I didn't want to turn on the light in the hallway, so I skipped a step, slipped 2 steps down on the bum. Juri rushed to me as he heard the sound and was so scared. I think his heart might have skipped 1 or 2 beats.
Take care my friend. I'm praying that it wouldn't be too uncomfortable for you.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Cindy, you and your family are too cute. I am very excited for #4 to join your family. We need to get down to hang out sometime. It's way past due.

Kelli Tingey said...

Cindy Lee, I LOVE reading your blogs! It's always a little highlight to my month.

Marge said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! hope your bum is doing better, can't wait to see your belly. Keep the bun in the oven for a little while longer!

Rachel Robins said...

Hi Cindy, I loved your cute Christmas pic!! Congrats on #4 on her way!! It's been fun keeping in touch, hope all goes well! Love, Rachel