Blog Archive

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hangin' Tough

I asked Daxton to take a picture of me and my belly, and after SEVERAL attempts, this was as good as it got.
Some people have bad hair days. Me? Bad ankle days. Today was a doozy. I know that when I wake up, and my foot and ankle are already 3 times their normal size, that it is going to be another kankle day. In fact, I even busted the top band on the only pair of shoes that still fit me. I guess the elastic had been stretched far enough and decided to call it quits. I would sew it back together, but it won't reach around my massive, swollen, elephantitis extremity. Yes, all this is just a singular ankle, my left one. I can still somewhat see the ankle bone on my right, but my left one looks like I was stung by a bee and am severely allergic.
I don't know why this picture uploaded with my feet and ankles looking like they are covered in some kind of rash, but it did. I even said "Oh my...." when I first saw it. It's okay, I'm not ashamed.

Since this baby is my last, and I have 2 weeks to go, I decided to do some documentation. Let me introduce you to some prego-wonders:

The Support belt




I started off with just the singular strip of elastic/velcro back in October. It worked pretty well, until I began to gain weight exponentially. So I upgraded, and this little beauty is what I have been wearing each and every day for 3 months. It's so fantastic! Really, it does wonders. It's amazing to me that I rely on a few strips of elastic and some velcro fasteners to hold in my bladder. Huh. (No, I don't wear the get-up outside of my clothing, though that may work if I were a super-hero. Did you really want to see it otherwise?! That shot would be worse than that feet picture above.)
The Support Hosiery


Are these black socks the epitome of sexy, or what? But they really work! They help with the blood flow, and make me more comfortable. I love 'em!

B is for Belly

No, I didn't need a wide angle lens. Watch it.

I am so very excited for this baby to arrive! My brother and his wife Meghan had their baby boy on Sunday. Christopher ("Topher") Scott Thredgold. He is so beautiful! Just seeing his little hands and tiny toes, and hearing those baby coos has put me over the top with excitement to hold my little girl! Hooray!
Joshua

"Mom! I look like the girl from 'Up'."

Lost another one (top right tooth). This boy is growing too quickly. Last Sunday we noticed that his church pants are already high-water, and he also made me aware that his big toe hits the end of his school shoes. Holy smokes boy! I just can't believe how fast the time flies.

Josh's love for American History continues to grow. He loves National Treasure 1 & 2, and loves hearing about the American Revolution. We've agreed to let him watch parts of the John Adams series, because he's so enthralled by it all. Yes, definitely gets it from his dad. Those "Founding Father" books on our shelves are not mine. Roahld Dahl, that's more my style.



They celebrated Josh's "1/2 Birthday" in school (since his birthday takes place in the summer). Here is the poster he created. In case you can't make out the writing, his favorite animal is the wild cat, favorite color is blue, and favorite food is candy. There is a picture of him, then his family. His favorite place is Belgium, and when he grows up he wants to be a "game seller." (way to shoot for the stars little buddy.) His favorite thing to do is to ski, and if he could wish for anything it would be a DSI and a TV.

Daxton


Self-portrait.

"Mom, when the baby is born, and she's coming out of your throat, I will catch her."

Which led to a very stimulating conversation at the dinner table.

"Umm, that's very nice of you to offer Dax, but she won't come out of my throat."

"Oh, your tummy?"

"Not quite. She comes out between my legs."

"She will come out of your legs?"

"No, out between my legs through special parts that girls have...."

To which Josh replied "That's gross," and Cameron decided it was time to end that conversation.



He took that one of himself.

Ella

Dax and Ella with their cousin, Audrey.

Ella insists on brushing her own hair now, and while she does so, she has to sing a song. It's always a song about getting married to her cousin Jack.
"I love him, and we will be married. To Jack-a-moe." (only kick it up about 5 octaves to envision her super-high girly voice.)

The crib is set up, and we are go for launch. Ella has climbed in it on several occasions, so we'll see how it all pans out. I even went up the other day, after Ella had been quiet in her room for a bit too long. She was sound asleep in the crib, complete with blanket and her doll. Hmmmm.
Cameron


Cam has been out of town this week in Denver, Colorado for a ski expo. Go ZAG. Kick some ZAG. He says it has been a success and he's made quite a few contacts. One store even wants to carry the line. Exciting news! I feel so fortunate to have such a kick-ass husband. Motivated, sexy, smart, ambitious, hard-working, athletic. He has a testimony and he cares about our little family just as much as I do. I love this boy. I'm lucky to have you, Cam, even if you are throwing that snowball at the head of our young child.

Cindy


My good friend Brenda made me this hat, is it not the cutest?!

It amazes me that something so small can cause tortuous amounts of pain.
Though I am ginormous, I am feeling really good! Those kidney stones gave me a completely new outlook on life. Sure my leg is not my own, and it goes numb all the time, and my sciatic nerve is going nuts, and the acid reflux isn't helping.....but at least it's not kidney stones! I am just happy to soon be delivering my little bundle. I'm actually looking forward to the pain because I know what awaits at the end of it all! I just had my doc apt. today and I will be induced on the 16th (2 more weeks.) My next post will feature our little one. Hooray!

7 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Wow, the 16th is a good day-Mine and Aaron's anniversary! You are SO cute pregnant. I love it! Our husbands must have grown up together because Aaron has no mercy on small children either. They have to be tough right? Your family is as cute as ever and I'm really starting to think that Josh and Madison should "hook up" in just over 13 years:). Josh is adorable!

Marge said...

Hip Hip Hooray - I'm so glad you know the date, you know some people enjoy the anticipation of not knowing but having had 2 babies and knowing exactly when each one was coming made me feel somewhat in control (even though I know I have no say in the matter pretty much). You are about the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen, I feel so horrible about your kankles. They make me hurt just looking at them. I'm excited that Cam's Denver trip went that well. Can't wait to meet the newest Eggertz sister, I love that picture of Ella - she looks so comfortable.

Kelli Tingey said...

Wait...let me get this straight. Joshua's favorite place is Belgium? hmmm....

Widiger Family said...

You are so cute pregnant, and are all belly. I feel bad about all the discomfort that you're experiencing, I wish I could alleviate all that. I hear about the socks; I had them too with this pregnancy after being 5 months pregnant w/ 2 kids in an airplane for 24hrs. I have very poor blood flow. As for sexy, well I felt like an old lady because I kept seeing grandmas on the streets wearing them. Is Josh's favorite place really Belgium??? We had the baby conversation with the kids and I just told them that I had to go to the hospital so that the doctor can take take him out of the belly; no details. Love Ella's picture in the BB's crib. It might sound crazy, but I had a dream and you were in it, and we were talking about names and I mentionned to you the name "Canelle" (french for cinnamon", ask Cam for the pronounciation). You smiled then I woke up. Anyway, that's just a thought. I just like the sound of it and I knew only 1 girl back in High School with that name but spelled Kanelle. It's very unsusual. We love and miss your family very much.

The Maxfield's said...

Way to hang in there Cind! You make me proud. I can't wait to meet your newest addition soon. This may be the longest two weeks of your life! I know that the last three were super hard for me and seemed to get more difficult with each baby. I'm glad you found a band that works though. Take naps while you can, IF you can. Call me to come take the other kiddos off your hands for a while anytime!

Penny said...

OH, Cindy!! I can't imagine a worse hell than having a kidney stone and being pregnant at the same time. You've earned yourself a special place in heaven. Good luck with your last week!

Penny said...

Oh, and my kids know where babies come out, too. Reese likes to explain it to Mia with the aid of her doll's anatomy. I wonder how many friends she's enlightened...