Day of Love
Josh's Crepe with syrup
Ella shares her mom's love for Nutella



Being a mom is awesome!






Our Happy V-day Breakfast
Dax wasn't too interested in the crepes and opted for mom's secret stash of Cocoa Puffs
Josh's Crepe with syrup
Ella shares her mom's love for Nutella
It's my firm belief that the term "beauty sleep" is severely underrated. Generally you hear it spoken by that gorgeous blond on that so called sitcom who uses it so carelessly, "I'm sorry I can't help you out tonight, I need my beauty sleep."
I don't care how drop-dead good looking you are, if you don't get enough sleep you are immediately transported to the ugly realm. The wrinkles deepen and you can't seem to wash off the gray underneath your bloodshot eyes. Such is my life as of late. Truth be told, little Amelie has done fantastically well at night, oftentime going 5-6 hours at a time between feedings (as I awake ready to explode.) However, my body needs sleep, craves it, and I am used to my full 10 hours before being woken by the morning rays. I'm deprived, and thusly apologize for my less than attractive appearance.
In my last post it seems I was a bit overly dramatic (Imagine! Me? dramatic? Nah!) I received more than enough responses that I had convinced some women to re-think their thoughts on more children. So to keep myself from burning, I thought I should be a bit more upbeat.
Parenthood is by far the greatest thing to experience in this lifetime. We have had our little slice of heaven for 2 weeks now, and it has been bliss. Seriously! I'm not just hammin' it up! It amazes me how much I love her already. I love thoses little dimples, love the way she squirms after being fed and arches her little back, pushing her bum out. I love the way she smacks her lips after she eats, and stretches her little arms above her head. I love the grunts and coos she makes when she begins to wake up, and love the way she looks back at you with those big dark eyes. The kids always say the same things whenever they see or hold her:
Josh: "Oh, she's just so cute!"

Dax: "I really like this baby."

Ella: "I love my baby sista."
Being a mom is awesome!Joshua
Cam and I have compared Josh's piano playing to a crack addict. He really can't get enough. Everytime he walks by the piano he has to crank out a tune or two. Even when we ask him to "stop playing and come eat dinner," his body begins inching away from the piano, but his fingers won't allow him to stop playing until the song is finished (or until we begin yelling.) It's fun to hear him progress each week.
Joshua didn't want to sign up for baseball this year, and instead is asking for enrollment in gymnastics. Hmmmm. Dad is frantically doing his best to talk him into karate, but to no avail. We'll see what happens.
Daxton
I think Dax has taken to the baby more than anyone else. When he holds her, he just gives you this look, like he's saying with his eyes, "I love you baby girl and I won't let anyone hurt you." It really is the sweetest thing.
Dax continues to be our little sweet-heart. After offering my mom half his cookie at lunch yesterday, my mom said he needs to be cloned.
Dax has had a round of pink-eye this week, and after each drop of medicine in his eye he always says "thanks mom." Just a good boy all around.
Ella

So far, so good. No major outbreaks or tantrums since baby-girl has arrived. I think those will be saved for the time when Amelie is mobile and breaking into Ella's polly-pockets. Ella is always offering to help, "I can burp her," "I can change her diaper all by myself." It's nice to have kids big enough to go and grab whatever I, or the baby, is in need of.

I was feeding the bay in the living room today and Ella came into the room. She promptly lifted up her own dress, sat down beside me, and started "feeding" her bunny doll. At least she's observant, right?
Amelie (Aw-muh-lee)



It's a French name (and the title of a really good French movie). I kinda feel bad that she will have to tell everyone for the rest of her life how to pronounce it, but not bad enough to make me want to change it. The name just suits her. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.
So far Amelie is a pretty mellow kid. Like most babies, she has her fussy times, but nothing a little boob can't fix. She fits so well into our little family and now I feel we are complete. It makes me sad to think that she's our last, that this is the last time I will have a tiny little child, but makes me savor each moment all the more.
Cameron
The boys visiting at the hospital. Little Cam with those Sexy hospital undies. Hopefully he can share those with someone special.

Me and my crew of 4-FOUR!!



Busy boy. Each month we make goals as a family. Cam's goal last month was to "complete all the tasks he needs to." This boy has a pretty full platter and I feel he does an amazing job at accomplishing all the things he is asked to do.
It was so nice to have him home more when the baby arrived. I would be in my room "recooperating" and hear them all downstairs wrestling, playing, and having a great time together. Cam is a great dad and it was so nice to see the kids enjoying the extra time they had with him. He is taking the boys next weekend for a rock-climbing excursion near Delta. Finally, some fun outdoors!
Cindy

Me and my crew of 4-FOUR!!

I am amazed at how quickly the human body is able to heal itself. It's only been two weeks and though my stomach is still a mush-pot, I already feel good enough to build a snowman with the kids! Dax named him Mr. Frosty.

Dax was yelling in the background: "Ella don't eat Mr. Frosty! If you eat him you will make him dead."

Yes, it may hurt a little bit to look at me, but I am hoping that issue will mend itself in a few months. Wish me luck!

Yes, it may hurt a little bit to look at me, but I am hoping that issue will mend itself in a few months. Wish me luck!
Look who came back to visit-my ankles! (hopefully a permanent stay)

5 comments:
Love it!! Your posts always make me smile! I love your humor! Glad she's fitting in well with you all...
We miss you at Primary, but please stay home with that cute baby girl! No RSV for Amelie!
Love ya,
Sydni
You have the cutest family ever. I am so glad that you are my VT. You amaze me in everything you do!
I'm so glad everything is doing good for you. Amelie is such a beautiful baby, I LOVE her dimples!!!!! She' so precious. I love your kids, they're so much fun!
so glad to hear that the ankles are back - truly makes you grateful for what your body does for you every day. coming from someone with a hard/unusual name to get right, she'll correct everyone when she is young but as she gets older it will be her namesake and she will treasure it and love it.
Funny, I was thinking about making myself some crepes just now . . . Phew, what a family! I can see four in the next year or so and it is already making me tired. Good luck!
Post a Comment