Allow me to go off for a bit in pride and adoration about my kick-butt spouse.
Cam trained a handful of times for this event. He swam laps about 5 times, rode his "trainer" bike in the basement a couple nights, and ran on the treadmill when he was out of town and a couple times at the climbing gym.
He took 5th in his age division. FIFTH! All these smokin' fine guys were crossing the finish line in their super-fancy little triathlon suits, shaved legs, the works. Then here comes Cam in shorts and a tee-shirt running round the lake and taking my breath away. It was one of the moments when I was like, "Yes, ladies, he's mine. You see this boy holding my hand? Yep, he married ME!"
It was a fun event, and the kids loved cheering on their dad!
Our Moab adventure was fun. We had a great campsite, with part of the running course cutting right in front of our camp! We were able to hang out with our good friends, the Chamberlains, quite a bit. Kelly Chamberlain also did the triathlon, and also kicked some serious tail.
Here are some pictures from our trip.
Quite a combo with that swim suit and those bangs.
Daxton loves his bike. "Major Damage" is it's name.
Our camper. We love it!
Check out that milk belly!
Me and Brenda with our kids at Ken's lake, where the men's triathlon swim took place.
Hiking Corona Arch
Josh
Josh's new favorite hat.
Josh had his first pine-wood derby experience this past month. All in all, a success (with no tears.) He made a minion from "Despicable Me." I thought he did a pretty great job, and even won 2 of his races!
Daxton
Daxton had quite the experience of his own in Moab. He and Josh were climbing around on a juniper bush outside the camper while I was making dinner. I hear Daxton scream, and went out to see him crying, saying that he fell from the branch. I pulled up his sleeve, thinking that I would see a small scrape, only to discover that there's a gaping hole in his bicep. Cam was in town, so it was "kids, get in the car!" And we hurried down the road in search of some aid.
12 stitches later, he has a pretty gnarly scar on his bicep. Ella thinks it looks like a Pterodactyl. Dax likes to tell people that it's from a shark bite.
Ella
She hung up her doll's clothes in her closet.
Bath time.
I love this picture. Ella's expression cracks me up everytime.
Hiking and climbing.
Ellal was a very sweet sister when Dax was hurt. She kept telling him how brave and tough he was, and to not be scared, we were going to get him some help. See, despite the red hair sass, she can be sweet at times.
Amelie
She is definitely a water baby. Loves the water.Climbing.
Amelie's good friend, and neighbor, Maddy! I think Ella took this shot.
What more can I say? I love this girl Devour her, really.
Cameron
I love this boy.
Cindy
Amelie is taking a nap back there. The only way to travel!
Dax took this shot.
We planted tulips last Fall, and their blossoms were much enjoyed this Spring! Here are a couple of my favorites.

No comments:
Post a Comment