I'm convinced that nothing beats a family vacation. No stress, no rush, just relax and enjoy each other. Lake Powell held good food, good friends, and beautiful/indescribable beauty. It was our second time attending and we loved it just as much as the first! Thank you Aaron and Bonnie Smith for inviting us to come along and have an amazing week!
Warning: The following images will make you want to drop everything and head to Lake Powell.
Dax and Ella and I decided to play in the sand together. We made a sand cake, complete with stick candles that they blew out. However, I was the only one who stuck around long enough to serve the cake into pieces. Why is it that I am more of a kid than my kids?
Ella and I went for a hike together. This is what she does when I tell her to smile. Strike a pose!
Up close. Still waiting for those bangs to grow back. Love that red hair with the red rock background.
The brothers on the boat together with the wind blowing through their curly hair!
This boy is so handsome! Just hanging out on the boat.Oh captain, my captain. I just want to run my fingers through that hair.....
This girl lives for adventure. She has to add to the fun and put her hands high in the air!
Ella with her new friend, Mackenna!
Aaron helped all the kids make a giant castle, complete with moat. What a great dad!
Josh running across the log. The goal was to make it all the way to the end.
Daxton taking a swim.
I made it to the end! It was my racing goggles that helped....
Is it hot in here? Oh boy......
Daxton hanging out in the "Relaxation Station" with Ryan.
Going down the slide.
Off the slide and onto the trampoline. Fun? Heck yeah! I told you this trip was amazing!
Josh landing from the slide to the tramp.....
........then doing a side flip into the water.
Ella came and crawled onto my back, covered herself up, then fell asleep.
Aaron and Brent swinging Josh.....One........Two.......
......THREE!
Josh and Porter and their mad lizard-catching skills.Caught in the gatorade can.
His new pet.
All geared up for some boating fun!
Getting hot again. Will somebody turn the A/C on? I'm burning up.....
Daxton stood in the water as still as could be, for about 30 minutes with rake in hand, trying to "catch a fish." I asked him,
"Dax, why are you holding the rake?"
He replied, "So I can kill a fish."
"Why do you want to kill a fish?"
"So I can eat it."
Daxton on the knee board. I love this picture. All smiles with some blue goggles.
My happy boy.
Josh on the knee board, he even pulled out all stops with a "no hand" trick. Impressive.
My weak attempt at skiing. Yes, I'm pathetic, but it was so much fun!
Just one of the many breathtaking backdrops that Powell offers. Now grab your suit and sunscreen and drive 6 1/2 hours to paradise!
1 comment:
Looks so fun-someday I'd love to go. I'm hoping Joey will buy some toys and Ben a boat and then the Toone kids will invade Powell. It'll never be the same. Until then thanks for the pictures!
Post a Comment