August is a different kind of month. You try to squeeze out every last drop of Summer fun, while anxiously preparing the start of a new school year. In yet another attempt to try and catch this blog up to date......here are a few pics from the month of August.
My little crew
Football season started up again, which means Josh is in heaven. This boy LOVES football. He is having a great season. As defensive end, this boy has a gift for eluding the offensive line and sacking the quarterback. It is fun to watch! Below, he is number 35 with the orange socks.
Cam and I were invited with some friends and neighbors to attend the Sheryl Crow concert at Red Butte Garden. That girl can sing!!! And she's 52!! Huh what?
I had Amelie take this picture to send to Cam, asking him if I looked like a hooker, or if the outfit was acceptable. I should have realized that even if I did look like a hooker, he would be okay with that....Plus I actually got dressed up for a change, AND did my hair. Wanted that documented.
This month we also traveled to Ogden for the Ogden Temple Open House. What a BEAUTIFUL building. Incredible and breathtaking. It excites me to think of all the good that will happen there.
It was such a privilege to be there with my little family. Love these guys, and being in the temple with them was just wonderful.
Sometimes Amelie gets so exhausted, she konks out whenever we get in the car. Even the wind blowing all around her in the jeep, was not enough to keep her awake.
Cam took the boys somewhere (the river maybe?) so the girls and I had a little time to ourselves. We decided to grab a treat, then head up memorial hill together.
Below, having some Smores with cousins at Grandpa Glen's house!
It's been nice to have a deck this Summer, and enjoy that outdoor living space. We invited all the AMAZING people on our street over one Sunday evening for dessert. Good times! There are 7 houses and 32 kids. Talk about multiply and replenish!!!
First day of school is always exciting, and completely heartbreaking.
Josh, 7th grade at Rocky Mountain Middle School
Daxton, 3rd grade and Ella 2nd at Midway Elementary
Amelie started ballet this month as well with Sonnet Remund at her Rhythmik studio. She loves it (and Sonnet is so incredible)
This month I also hiked Timpanogos with some amazing gals. We had to run back down the trail to try and catch our kids from school (we were so so late). I felt like a baby giraffe, with how wobbly my legs were.
Kelli visited us this month as well. She got in late at night, and snuck into the girl's bed with them. When they woke up, they were so excited. "Kelli!!"
Amelie comes with me to the gym, and sometimes she will climb after I work out. She's getting braver, but still hasn't reached the top yet. Go Amelie, Go!
Amelie made a "play dough" cookie for Cam. She loves her dad!
We are so blessed to have AMAZING kids in our neighborhood. Below is a a picture of Amelie with her good friends, Joey, and the twins; Jake and Luke.
Ella also has a good buddy named Sam.(aka Captain America)
Amelie started school a couple weeks after the big kids. She is attending preschool at Midway Elementary. She goes Tues-Friday, and even gets to ride the bus! (like a big kid)
Camille Simons had cookies for all the kids after school on their first day.
And of course, this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Amelie and Joey. Here they are one afternoon, eating some corn together. :)
































No comments:
Post a Comment